Jack Chick says something sensible! Gasp!

by SYN 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• SYN
    SYN

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0026/0026_01.asp

Check it out people, for once the man is *not* speaking out of his rear...

The earlier in the forenoon you take the sun bath, the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing. - The Golden Age

• Moxy
    Moxy

hahaha! no, hes still talking out of his ass. this is hilarious. he seems to have culled together bits of information from the web and combined with his own fundie theology and thinks hes built up an airtight case against JWs where he could get two of them to denounce their faith in 5 minutes. theyre just sitting there going 'really?' 'i never thought of that' 'i never saw that scripture before' just like in a service demonstration. priceless! i especially love the cloak-and-dagger shit with the elders.

mox

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

hahahahahahha

I especially loved these lines:

"I got a printout on Donna from headquarters"

"The elders told her they could take away her salvation"

AND ESPECIALLY

"The Watchtower is tied closer to the Vatican than you have been lead to believe."

JACK CHICK IS A JOKE!

• SYN
    SYN

That's why I put an when I posted!!!

Yeah, Jack Chick is quite an optimist...

The earlier in the forenoon you take the sun bath, the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing. - The Golden Age

• Preston
    Preston

I don't know about you guys but Jack Chick's cartoons are strangely amusing, albeit repetitive.

Every cartoon is almost the same:

An erstwhile Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Satanist who has become a Christian coincidentally meets a deceived; person who demonstrates a faith that the Christian once practiced. The Christian, using specious reasoning successfully converts the deceived person in couple of minutes.

Either that, of the guy for some odd reason dies (in an airplane crash, a car crash, a war wound, etc...) and is judges by a 5,000 foot high Jesus and is promptly sent to hell. In which case the cartoon ends with Don't be like Billy, he never worshipped the psycho God that I do, and remember, if you do what he did, God will roast you for an eternity, good night!

All of the characters in his cartoons are heavily stereotyped. In Jack Chick's world, it is one of heroes and villains, and the villains are dehumainized and sent to hell. God is made to look worse than Satan, which is disturbing. What does Jack Chick expect to get out of his cartoons? Probably the same cryptic following that follows the WBTS...or an underground comic book for that matter...

• jerome
    jerome

Why wasent this topic put under humor instead of friends?

If only that story were possible in real life.

If only it were that easy.

The Bible is a two edged sword wield it for evil and it you may get hurt.

• jerome
    jerome

I meant Bible research not friends.

If only I could edit.

The Bible is a two edged sword wield it for evil and it you may get hurt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit