spritual???

by wonderwoman77 2 Replies latest jw friends

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

Hey a friend of mine posted this on another board...see what you think...

Good day, all.

I am trying to relax a bit, while reading articles and pages of interest on the Web. I cam across an article I'd like to share, or draw your attention to.

One interesting part of this is that it concerns the definition of spirituality. According to this definition, the WTS and JWs are about as anti-spiritual as appears possible.

"A spiritual being is comfortable with the idea of having teachers, observers, and divine guidance available at any time. If we believe we are souls with bodies rather than bodies with souls, then the invisible, eternal part of ourselves is always available to us for assistance. Once this belief is firm and unshakable it can never be doubted, regardless of the rational arguments of those who live exclusively in the physical world.

"Non-spiritual beings accept the existence of a supreme being or God, not as a universal force that is within us but as a separate power that will someday hold us accountable. They do not see themselves as having assistance or a higher self, unless they have the kind of direct experience of divine presence recorded by St. Paul or St. Francis of Assisi.

"Spiritual beings simply know, through their personal experience of having been in contact with their own divine guidance, that they are not alone, and that they can use that guidance to become miracle makers in their lives."

The entire article, by Wyane Dyer, is at www.innerself.com/Magazine/Spirituality/becoming_spiritual.htm. If the excerpts arouse interest, you may want to read the whoel thing.

• chappy
    chappy

I think the last paragraph sums it up.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I would go with a bit of both.
    After all, is that not what "indwelling" means?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit