Thank you for redirecting me to the right organization!

by economy 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Pretty dope cult.... Smoke a blunt and relive the happy days
  • Simon
    Simon
    Pure comedy gold.
  • DesirousOfChange
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    ai yi yi
  • SimonSays
    SimonSays

You guys seem to have missed the point. The original teaching of heighten enlightenment was started by the Hare Krishna. In their belief the soul must be cleansed through levels of enlightenment. However it sounds this offshoot group achieves that in 7 days of cleansing. Since it takes a life time to achieve that goal, these guys go from 0-60 without receiving the benefit of their mistaken concept. This would be more suitable to atheism, purification of the soul verses spiritual awakening.

Lord Krishna, Source of Immortal Wisdom:

Who are we? What is the purpose of our living through one lifetime after another? What is freedom all about, and how can we achieve it?

It's natural for us to ask ourselves these questions. Fifty centuries ago, a great warrior named Arjuna placed them before Lord Krishna.

Though Krishna, transcendent, exists beyond the limits of time, space, and matter, He had come to this world to play the role of Arjuna's charioteer--and to enlighten him.

At the onset of a battle, a battle between Arjuna and his own friends and relatives, Arjuna lost his composure. Surveying the two armies, he was overwhelmed by the pointlessness of what was about to occur. His skin shivering, his mind reeling, tears welling into his eyes, he dropped his bow and sank to the seat of the chariot.

Then, in the midst of the two armies, Lord Krishna spoke to Arjuna the words that have come down to us as the book known as Bhagvad-gita.

Lord Krishna spoke about the meaning of life, the subtle workings of creation, and the understanding of a self- realized soul. He spoke of the science of yoga in all its forms--the path of work, the path of knowledge, the path of mysticism, the path of devotion.

And at last Lord Krishna revealed Himself before Arjuna as the source of everything, the eternal form of the Supreme, the Personality of Godhead.

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity
    My advocating of my old fellowship was intentionally pathetic and my use of the word cult was ironic. Brahma Kumar and Jehovah's Witnesses are bad for relationships as far as I can see. My brothers and sisters in the Twelve Tribes of Israel told me to put my marriage first. economy don't put a doctrine ahead of your relationship, and don't let talk of Armaggeddon interfere with your secular educuation (which is in an economic bubble but still generally worth it, especially in the STEM fields) and if your friends leave you because of your religion they weren't real friends, but if your religion tells you to choose between your religion and your family and friends, that religion isn't worth it. May you find enlightenment and joy on your spiritual journey economy. Just don't let yourself get pimped and don't burn your bridges.
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious
    @ economy - if there is one thing I know for certain it's: puff, puff, pass, puff, puff, pass, puff, puff, pass....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit