Thank you for redirecting me to the right organization!

by economy 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

You are trying to convince us your new cult is better than your old cult?

You ever heard the expression, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

...........Those Are The Kinds Of OP`s..

.....THAT BRING A TEAR TO YOUR EYE..

Comment Picture

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    I doubt this joker or any of his friends were ever jw's
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Economy, you must have been desperate for something to believe in.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Economy: No more posts from me...

Hallelujah! There is a god, after all....

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    This is classic! What a goofball.
  • problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

I let go of this branch...and found this vine. Its totally different don't you see?

Cofty.....well done sir.

:)

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol
    Sounds like Hinduism. "Brahman" as in The Unchanging Reality??
  • KateWild
    KateWild

Ahh well another loony tunes added to the list.

This cult really does mess some people up beyond repair.

Kate xx

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity

Since this is the shill for a cult thread now. I miss my old cult. It was a LOT more fun than the Jehovah's Witnesses or the Brahma Kumaris. My cult had culture! Monthly all night dancing with herb, drink, barbecue, dancing, and live djs, rappers and musicians all praising Jah. Our Prophet would drain the funds when he rarely came to town but only because the party he would throw was even BIGGER. We did have our promised land in Ethiopia with an excellent accredited school and clinic that really does the work of God, that the naked be fed, the sick nourished the aged protected and the infants cared for. The only real requirement was to be there, and be willing to do your part which would have meant leaving my wife for the Big City. You could belong to another church, disagree with the Prophet, run for political office, get a Ph. D., basically do whatever you wanted except maybe being gay or a satanist. Well, not being brainwashed, I chose my marriage over my cult and I am now a reluctant accessory to my wife doing work for her cult. And thanks to summer soldiers like me, my cult is disbanded in my state and is on the other side of the country. Maybe it was a cult, but it was my cult, the only place where I fit in. Everyone in that cult is still friends on Facebook, we share old photos of back in the day. I am just like one of those boomer hippies who talked about the 60s commune except I am a generation X Rasta and I talk about the 90s. The best part of it was that belonging to the 144,000 cost only 20c a week, with you free to live your personal life as you pleased. Now how can the JWs, or even mainline churches that teach tithing compete with that?

I did get baptised into the Ethiopian Orthodox Church to fill the void in my soul from leaving the cult, but after I got married to a Jehovah's Witness, there wasn't really a place for me. The Orthodox women love to flirtingly remind me that until we get joined in Holy Matrimony she is a only concubine in the eyes of the Church. Concubinage being perfectly respectable though short of holiness. I tried doing vegan lent according to orthodox teaching but without dairy the oxalates from all the vegetable sources nearly gave me a kidney episode. So I was too ashamed to even come to Easter Vigil.

The Twelve Tribes of Israel (Historic Mansion of Rastafari founded by Vernon Carrington) is labelled as a cult. Because we allegedly use religion as an excuse to party without going through the permit process most nightclubs need, because a third world backwater is our promised land and because we have the same name as the (Spriggs) Twelve Tribes, and our Black and Latino membership also get us confused with the Black Hebrews, thus guilt by having the same name. But I love and miss my old cult, which is why tearing down my wife's religion, and teaching my stepkids that it is better to be an atheist than to be a tool of the Governing Body (as it is better to worship no God than to worship idols) actually hurts me more than it does my family. Being a part of that cult was the best days of my life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit