God & JW can't exist without "evil"

by thedepressedsoul 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

Hold me - But we can never know if he would or would not have been greedy in that situation because it was all stated before hand. You could say it was greed but was it? Did he not need that greed to fulfill prophecy, and was it not stated beforehand that he would be greedy?

“They paid my wages, 30 pieces of silver.” Zech 11:12, 13. His greed was stated before he was even born. Would he have actually been a greedy person? We'll never know.

That's the great thing about the bible, it can be taken 50 different ways and you can argue 50+ different beliefs from it and it's all BS in the end!

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Depressed Soul, Judas was greedy. The act of betrayal was prophesied but Judas was not forced by predestination to fulfill that role.

But someone was. god, the bible, whatever, sealed someone's fate from the moment creation was even thought of by determining someone would betray Jesus. It was an inescapable event. If you are saying god DIDN'T know it would be Judas, then god doesn't know the future. If god DID know, then he basically condemned Judas to killing himself.

god basically planned from the beginning that all of the death, rape, slavery, murder and abortion would occur and the specific death of specific people long before they were even born.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Viviane: Higher order mammals exhibit bully behavior and killing for pleasure also. We ARE members of the animal kingdom. We were just lucky enough to evolve large brains and opposable thumbs.

(emphasis added)

Me: Surely you're not saying we are the only ones on earth with large brains and opposable thumbs. We're not.

Viviane: So, did I say that? If I didn't, I find it curious why you would bring up something I never said and then argue against it. It seems quite pointless.

It was directly implied. And yes, it is pointless. It is pointless to attempt to converse with someone who uses evasiveness to get out of a corner. Either we speak forthrightly or we speak not at all. I do not play word games.

• talesin
    talesin

To the OP,

Very true. The concepts of good and evil have been utilized by the powerful to manipulate the masses for ... well, forever1 Have you read "The Prince" by Machiavelli?

Without God, there is no Satan!

Well done! Now, there's some logical thinking that may shake you from your cognitive dissonance.

xx

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    Talesin - When I choose to shake my cognitive dissonance, I will.
  • thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    Another point I'd like to raise is that JW don't believe in predestination and yet in the bible there are examples of predestination, like Judas.
  • B4Right
    B4Right

Book of Isaiah or Psalms say GOD created evil. If he created it then it had to manifest itself some how. Whether we accept it or not whether we full understand it or not whether we have the JW view evil is suppose to be here. Maybe that's why for some people it comes natural.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Depressed Soul, in the Bible very few individuals are personally predestined.

Thanks for starting an interesting thread.

Frank

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

But there are individuals, correct?

• Viviane
    Viviane
    It was directly implied. And yes, it is pointless. It is pointless to attempt to converse with someone who uses evasiveness to get out of a corner. Either we speak forthrightly or we speak not at all. I do not play word games.

I implied no such thing. You made that assumption, incorrectly and now presume to have the arrogance to falsely claim I said something I never said nor implied and have the audacity and hubris to attempt to blame me for your error.

You should be ashamed for accusing me of your error.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit