God & JW can't exist without "evil"

by thedepressedsoul 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me
    The virus does not have evil intent. It is surviving nothing more. But people can have evil intent and do bad not just to survive but for the sheer pleasure of doing evil to another man or woman or to animals. In my opinion, there is a big difference between people and the animal kingdom when it comes to evil or doing bad.
  • thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

I agree that there are different types of evil Hold Me. And humans are abot the most evil out of it all.

I do also believe though that evil is all around us and a form of it is needed in the bible.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    But people can have evil intent and do bad not just to survive but for the sheer pleasure of doing evil to another man or woman or to animals. In my opinion, there is a big difference between people and the animal kingdom when it comes to evil or doing bad.

Higher order mammals exhibit bully behavior and killing for pleasure also. We ARE members of the animal kingdom. We were just lucky enough to evolve large brains and opposable thumbs.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Thor V Loki
  • Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Depresssed Soul, the Bible, if you think about it, reflects real life. Yes, bad things happen in the Bible. Yes, God instructs or allows violence in a violent world. Jesus taught love of neighbor, loving our enemies, sharing what we have and so on. That though did not make violence go away.

What makes violence go away in our world today? Force. Laws and punishment for breaking laws. Good people are not violent. Violent people only know force. Why should it be surprising for God to do the same? To reward those doing good to their fellow man and to warn the violent they must change.

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

Hold me - So dooming a humans life to an evil act that they have no say in is acceptable? Referring to Judas.

Often times the one enforcing the laws and punishment are the ones doing the evil behind the scenes.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Viviane: Higher order mammals exhibit bully behavior and killing for pleasure also. We ARE members of the animal kingdom. We were just lucky enough to evolve large brains and opposable thumbs.

I agree we are a family. We're made with similar physical systems and needs as the animals have and as a result we find ourselves to a degree able to understand them and if we so desire to empathize with them because we are a fleshly family with all living things on earth. Perhaps it's meant to help us maintain humility in the face of our exceptional abilities far above the animals.

As for any examples of bulling or killing for pleasure among the animals from what I've read for the most part that occurs when the animals are living in stressful conditions caused by their proximity to and/or mistreatment by people. Also, a degree of self-identification with the behavior can occur meaning we can "read" into the animal's behavior what we see in ourselves. We cannot read the animal's mind though.

We were just lucky enough to evolve large brains and opposable thumbs.

Surely you're not saying we are the only ones on earth with large brains and opposable thumbs. We're not.

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

Some interesting points! That's one of the great thing about humans, we can have different view points, thoughts and ideas.

If you're a jw though, you don't or you'll get yourself DF.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Depressed Soul, Judas was greedy. The act of betrayal was prophesied but Judas was not forced by predestination to fulfill that role.
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    As for any examples of bulling or killing for pleasure among the animals from what I've read for the most part that occurs when the animals are living in stressful conditions caused by their proximity to and/or mistreatment by people. Also, a degree of self-identification with the behavior can occur meaning we can "read" into the animal's behavior what we see in ourselves. We cannot read the animal's mind though.

I would suggest reading more, then. It happens without those conditions. As to reading animals minds, no one was suggesting that. It's observed behavior. We are animals and share a large set of the same behavior as them.

Surely you're not saying we are the only ones on earth with large brains and opposable thumbs. We're not.

So, did I say that? If I didn't, I find it curious why you would bring up something I never said and then argue against it. It seems quite pointless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit