God & JW can't exist without "evil"

by thedepressedsoul 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

I was thinking the other day that so far JW's and God have always needed or relied on "evil" to get items done or taken care of. Almost every bible prophecy and JW teaching would not exist without "evil".

Let's take the prophecy of Jesus for example, it would not have been fulfilled without evil. Judas had his fate sealed before he was even born. Without evil Judas and the pharisees none of that bible prophecy would have been fulfilled. They were counting and relying on evil and bad things to take place in order for it to be fulfilled.

Even with the wars of the old testament, it required a bad side to fight against.

I could never wrap my head around how Judas was destined to fail (If you take the bible seriously). When you think about it, he was a needed evil in order for prophecy to be fulfilled.

Even look at JW today, they need that evil to fulfill their prophecy. There has to be wicked or nothing that they teach or believe in would have any relevance. Even after the big A there is still a evil being coming after a thousand years.

They focus and talk about evil more than the "world" does. I'm not sure if they worship the devil but they sure give him a lot of credit and focus in their talks.

I'm not sure where I am going with all of this but it was just an interesting thought I had the other day.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Do you believe God is all evil?
  • thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

Hold Me - That sounded like a JC question haha

Honestly I don't know if I believe in God to begin with. I just noticed through bible reading that a certain form of evil is always needed.

When I use the word evil I am referring to JW view of evil.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Very true. The stories of good require an evil in order to make the story interesting. Luke vs. Vader, the Doctor vs. the Daleks, Kirk vs. the sexual unavailability of every female of every species, Picard vs. the Borg....
  • Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me
    LOL, no it wasn't a jc question. Just wondered how you would answer that's all.
  • Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Life itself is a story of good and evil.
  • Caedes
    Caedes

Kirk vs. the sexual unavailability of every female of every species

Lol, which side is which?

Do you think I could get a refund on this tea stained keyboard?

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

Even in animal life their is a sense of evil.

Is the spider evil for catching it's pray in a hidden web, wrapping it up, sticking it's fangs into it's pray and then eating it's insides? Or is the spider just surviving? The other side of the coin.

A snake can eat a baby chick, a tiger can take down a baby elephant. It's a necessary evil.

Stars explode, die or consume other stars, again it's necessary.

I'm not sure if evil vs good is as cut and dry as JW make it seem. I do know though that the god of the bible and if he created life definitely shows an evil side as JW would put it.

However, we're raised up being told what is good and what is wrong. In other cultures the exact opposite may be true.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Yes, it's true. Violence permeates the earth. Predators in the animal kingdom though are not quite as evil as people can be, imo.
  • thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

Take a virus for example. To us and our cells any virus that enters our body is usually viewed as bad or evil. Our body tries to destroy it. To the virus though, our cells and us are the bad ones or the ones needing to be destroyed.

Is evil, good vs bad more "relative" then we're brought up to believe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit