2015 Convention Reminders Video!

by Atlantis 59 Replies latest watchtower bible

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Toesup my thoughts exactly. They have to be reminded constantly and still they are awful. Entightled bunch of assholes. When you believe you are the one true gods chosen people it's incredible what you try to get away with.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

ecan6: I simply do not see anything wrong with this video.

Really? You don't see anything wrong with a message to an audience of primarily to adults delivered in the form of a cartoon telling them how to behave in public?

Then you deserve to be a JW.

ecan6: I agree that it is a high control group, that it does destroy families and that provides a loop hole for child abusers...

I think you just answered your own question. This is why so many JWs need to be treated like children: generally speaking they are severe cases of arrested development emotionally, socially, intellectually and spiritually.

Why would anyone willingly be part of this? There is ONLY one reason: It's a cult and they are fully indoctrinated members. All others leave, no matter how painful the separation and loss.

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    I see their discouraging of higher education has really paid off. They can't even get to a convention without being told how to. Let alone think about other topics for themselves.
  • thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

Man they really insulted all of their old timers! These were the guys that sold all of their magazines, fought tooth and nail at the door and actually did bible research. Now they're being portrayed as an old bunch getting trampled over.

Also, no offense but there weren't too many skinny JW at my recent assembly. There is a weight issue and yet they portrayed the "worldly" people as the fat ones.

• username
    username

Besides the fact that I thought I'd gone back in time to watching Tony Heart (popular British children's TV artist in the eighties) I'm surprised no one has realised the real reason for this.

Just like any corporation the watchtower are protecting their own arses should anyone cry lawsuit!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Username: the real reason for this. Just like any corporation the watchtower are protecting their own arses should anyone cry lawsuit!

There's also that!

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Oubliette: generally speaking they are severe cases of arrested development emotionally, socially, intellectually and spiritually.

Though I am no longer a JW, I will simply not go down the route of having no respect at all for all its members. I think this attitude serves the WT as it surely turns away JWs trying to get alternative, yet, logical and respectful arguments against their own teaching.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

ecan6: I will simply not go down the route of having no respect at all for all its members.

Nor should you, as did not I.

This is about the WT leadership. Please don't confuse the issue.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    I agree Ecan6. I love most all the witnesses I have ever known and still respect many of them. But I also think oubliette is right, they are stunted spiritually, intellectually, socially and emotionally. I know I was. It was in leaving them that I grew up and became a better person.
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Up until about a year ago I was still being used as an attendant. let me tell you something, witnesses are HUGE assholes. We make them out to be way more behaved than the "world". But the reality is at assemblies they are as big if not bigger assholes than anyone else. Also completely untitled, not obedient AT ALL. Some of the biggest do-good righteous people in the org who would condemn you for just about anything, are some of the most selfish arrogant people.

While I tend to agree, I also see so much ridiculous mind-control here. Implant the idea that you should look so ashamed that you arrived late and would be so distracting standing there needing an attendant to find you a seat during the program. Implant the idea that not being in your seat at 9:20 is not showing proper "appreciation" for what is provided.
    It's all about the fact that this is a wonderful thing that was provided by your wonderful organization, and wearing the wrong thing, bringing a large cooler or buying your lunch, dressing casual at the hotel, etc. etc. etc. is terrible. And obedience to the Watchtower's rules, not the Bible's, is a way for members to apply a Bible scripture. Ya see what they did there? Watchtower makes these endless rules and members are violating the Bible by not going along. I used to have to travel by air to my assigned convention because I was in a foreign language congregation. Bringing coolers and going to the grocer for lunch items was just so impractical. Was I actually violating a scriptural command, along with thousands of others doing similarly, by walking to the deli within a block of the Stanley Theater and buying some sandwiches?
    "Leave a tip for the housekeeper." I tend to agree with that statement, but Watchtower plants that idea in your head because the staff at the hotel remembers that it is Watchtower people that do that and not others. Sure, it's a good thing like many of their reminders, but they sure go a long way in insisting on these things. Could you imagine a traveling company representative from some other entity being treated like a child by the bosses with such a video? "Make sure to wear your company logo badge and look neat on your own time, and don't fill your cooler from their ice machine. We want them to know that Cisco Systems people are the best and then they will offer us two free rooms for our people when we promise to fill their hotel with paid guests."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit