Do you sit next to a "deviate" at the...

by Beck_Melbourne 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

There are deviates in the JW fold....and if you are a lurker...did you realise that you could be sitting next to one every Sunday...he tips his hat and smiles as you walk in...chats to your kids and playfully tugs at their pony tails...he compliments your wife on her lovely outfit...and makes remarks about how encouraging your answers were in the WT study. He is a smooth talker...a 'cool cat' in fact. He is exemplary in every way...puts in his report card on time each month...and he puts in a diligent effort to attend all meetings...answers well...shares in kingdom hall cleaning...works in the field ministry with the discarded ones everyone tries to avoid...a true 'cool cat'.

But.....................when he gets home...........he logs on to: www.jehovahs witness.com/forum/

He could also be a she, and will use a photo or image with a horror theme, something which indicates a satanic influence. They will also block their email address...they don't want a one on one situation...it is only the public forum they are interested in disrupting.

He/she does not discriminate...and is not particular as to who they insult...it is all part of their game. Their attack is not personal...this is war...and there will be casualties...it doesn't matter to them who gets hurt...if you are a non-jw and if you are posting on here...then you're fair game. Their attack is subtle...aimed at the unsuspecting...and disguised with words like 'this is not a personal attack'. Meanwhile...they sit and wait for someone to take the bait.

If you are a lurker...or if you are an active/semi-active JW member who just casually visits to see what biblical or JW related issues that are under debate...keep in mind that most of the battles on here have been started with a clear and deliberate intention and that is to frighten off 'lurkers'. It makes people reluctant to post their comments/pics/opinions when they know it will be ridiculed. Some good contributors have been affected...and many have shied away from posting because of the deviates.

If you have been shied away...please come back...just keep away from their threads...and don't respond to their mockful ridicule if they post on yours. Remember that they are 'deviates' and 'hypocrites'... they are "bad association"!! 1 Cor 15:33

Beck

• Carmel
    Carmel

Darn! I've been exposed! Gotta go back into my cave.........

Mushrooms anyone?

carmelite

• butalbee
    butalbee

I was the deviate sitting next to the gentle flock of sheep, eaper and willing to take out my clippers and shave their wooly manes.

• butalbee
    butalbee

Since editing is impossible and my spelling tonight is horrible I must repost an edit to my last post above: eaper: eager.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Beck,

Don't forget that ones that you describe as 'deviates' are found everywhere, not just in the WTS. They could even be on a discussion board like this one!

If we knew there was one posting here, what would we do?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

At least if you knew a child molester were present on the forum you would have the right to identify them and warn others. You also would not be required to support them as they call at the homes of your neighbors. Finally if a person on the board molested your child and denied it, you would not have to produce two eye witnesses in order to get others on the forum to believe you. Such niceities seem to be exclusive to Jehovah's Witnesses.

Perhaps Beck made a good point after all...

• SYN
    SYN

Beck_Melbourne: The people of whom you speak probably don't have a sufficiently high neural density to be labelled 'smooth talkers'. This is a singular characteristic of a lot of the more hardcore Dubs, it seems. Just think about it - they know that if they are caught on this board (or others like it, but this is the King of XJW boards in my opinion) then they will instantly be disfellowshipped PERMANENTLY, which is the equivalent of death for a truly HardCore Dub. But they do it anyway. These are not the actions of sane people!

The earlier in the forenoon you take the sun bath, the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing. - The Golden Age

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    if you knew a child molester were present on the forum you would have the right to identify them and warn others

How would this work? Are we recommending a DF procedure? Marking? Or what?

Suppose someone came on the board promoting this lifestyle, what could be done?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• Gopher
    Gopher

Ozzie,

Would it be as simple as this...?

The person who knew of such criminal activity (by the molestor) could state the fact, maybe even bring forth a public record about the perverted poster.

A thread could be started to simply state the fact about the person. Since a large number post under pseudonyms, though, this may be hard to carry out in practice.

But there have been several threads on this board warning about certain posters: "Poster X is a troll", or "To Poster X", that sort of thing. So "marking" is already taking place on this board for certain aggravating offenses.

J.R.Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit