Do any of you observe the passover

by master chief 4 Replies latest jw friends

• master chief
    master chief

i was thinkin now that many of you think for your selves would you or do you still observe the passover of christ and if so what date and correct time for the uk and usa this year.and another thing would you use cheap wine and crackers or drink to much of it L.o.L

• ISP
    ISP

I went to the memorial last year. What a non-event! Not sure I want to do my own variation on idiocy!

ISP

• Intuit39
    Intuit39

Yeah, for as often as I have roast lamb and wild greens, a nice red wine and some cheesewhiz on my crackers, I proclaim my compliments to the chef--ME!

I'm thankful that Christ showed us the way, but I choose to keep seeking, keep knocking, rather than settle for the traditions of men.

I won't be going to the 'memorial' or whatever, though, because the last time I went nobody else seemed to like cheesewhiz on their matzoh...they were really rather rude!

"Kein Mensch muss mussen."

• Adonai438
    Adonai438

I am now a christian and yes, observe the passover/last supper memorial. We do at church through out the year and then on the Thursday before easter we have a traditional passover meal and serve the wine and the unleavened bread. It's on the thursday before easter for a reason:
    Passover is commanded to be celebrated on that same Saturday every year in the OT as a rememberance of God passing over the faithful during the plagues of Egypt. Later in history, Thursday was the last Supper, Friday was the crucifixion, Saturday was passover, and Sunday was the day He was resurected. So we can know the dates and chronology quite specificly.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Actually, I don't have time for ancient rituals that have lost their intended meaning, let alone how they are to be observed. I do perform a baptism every day, well five times a week when I head for the pool.

carmel who is definately not into observing rituals

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit