WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU DONATED?

by brandnew 25 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I donated my whole life!

(by this I do not mean that I donated money throughout my whole life...I mean I donated my whole being / soul / energies / to the lying made up org)

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    stuckinarut2 - and they are saying "show me the money." Life to them is worthless.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

I make charitable donations all the time:

• Breast Cancer Research
    • Autism & Asperger's Educational School
    • Feed the Needy

Heck, I even give a few bucks to the homeless people I see around town.

Oh, you meant "when was the last time I donated to the WTBTS"!

I quit when I began suspecting it was a cult, which was around 2002 or 2003.

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute
    The last meeting I was at. I made a "deposit" in the toilet.
  • zeb
    zeb

Medecin san Frontieire.

(Doctors with out borders.)

• Phizzy
    Phizzy
    2006. I left less than two years later.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Its an interesting question to me becuase it highlights a reality: so many dont donate and are a drain. I wasnt giving money even when i was beliver. I felt my intense physical efforts were quite enough.

But why does the org try so hard to keep people around who dont belive, dont contribute and on some level drain resources? The only answer i can come up with is that the keeping the slackers around is worth it to ensure the faithful dont wake up. I simply vow to be the biggest drain and most disruptive influance i can.. But its sad they go through so much trouble to try to make people stay who dont want to be there

• Magwitch
    Magwitch
    I am a sucker for all the homeless beggars in my town. I even carry baggies of dog food in my trunk for the ones with dogs. Will never give another $ to a religious group of any sort. That ship sailed.......
  • ivanatahan
    ivanatahan
    Donate? Hah...
  • prologos
    prologos
    sometimes included a check in letters to Brooklyn about questionable doctrines. It is like registering it with confirmed return. typical reply, "--thank you, and ---mind your own business."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit