Earthquake warning, as told by God!

by King Solomon 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Saw this earthquake warning in the classifieds section of the local newspaper in San Luis Obispo, CA this morning (8/17/12):

Obvious guy asks, if God knows it's coming, why doesn't he just cancel it? I'm tempted to send an e-mail, asking [email protected] exactly that.... :)

Here's 2 Chron 7: 13-15:

13 “If I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or if I command the locust to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among My people, 14 and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 15 “Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to the prayer offered in this place.

Ah, so there's the false prophets "get out of jail free" card: it's another fail-safe prediction, where if an earthquake DOESN'T happen then God called it off after enough prayers were received (like Jonah's preaching destruction against Ninevah which never came, because the inhabitants repented and God showed mercy). And if an earthquake DOES happen by sheer coincidence, then the false prophet can say, "See, I told ya' so!!"

• talesin
    talesin

If you send the e-mail, ask the person what s/he means by "during this month of August or soon thereafter".

As we know from the WTS, 'soon' is a vague term ....

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Talesin said:

As we know from the WTS, 'soon' is a vague term ....

Oh, yeah: the word "soon" is a lawyer's (and prophet's) favorite weasel word in their vocabulary.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Also, "The quake may be occurring..."

MAY be occurring? What happened between sentences 3 and 5 that he goes from saying it will occur to saying it MAY occur? God doesn't seem to "reveal" things very clearly.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

It's amazing what they allow to be published these days...LOL.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

It's up to us, Billy!

My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

So if only "we humble ourselves" and "pray" and "turn away from our wicked ways" it'll be cancelled (hmmm, I am not aware of my recent wickedness? In fact, I don't want to brag, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to make it onto Santa's 'Nice list' this year....).

Fortunately, we all have those Catholics who pray on our behalf (even if they don't know us!) and have connections with the Boss upstairs, so this event (or non-event) will once again be a testament to the glory of God, whatever happens! Hallelujah!!

TT2C said:

It's amazing what they allow to be published these days...LOL.

It IS a classified ad, so they paid out of their own pocket to run the ad.

Allow me to venture a guess that the person who bought the ad is about 80, and looking to seal their Heavenly fate by this "selfless" gesture... Not so different from those JWs who name the WTBTS in their will/life insurance policies, just to give YHWH a reason to remember them in the resurrection.

Same game, just a slightly different flavor of schtick....

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

If I'm gonna pray for something, I'd rather not waste my prayers for something so iffy. Instead, I think I'll pray for safe return the last dog and missing money clip in the next column of the newspaper.

• glenster
  • sir82
    sir82

"Soon thereafter" according to the WTS: Any time within the next 133 years.

Duck and cover!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit