Faithful Slave Doctrine Implies Christ Has Arrived!

by The Searcher 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I would appreciate any active fellow Witness giving their explanation about the following contradiction, or better still, tell me what it is that I'm missing - because the following assertion, by definition, demands that Christ has already arrived. But aren't we always being reminded to 'Keep on the watch' and to 'Stay awake' for our Master's arrival?

I must have missed it, because according to the following, he's already settled accounts!

w09 2/15 p. 26 par. 9 They "Keep Following the Lamb" - "Moreover, Jesus Christ has appointed the faithful and discreet slave "over all his belongings"—all Kingdom interests on earth." (Matt. 24:47)

(Matthew 24:45-47) "Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. Truly I say to YOU, He will appoint him over all his belongings."

Brothers & sisters, "Test the inspired expressions" - if you don't, then you only have yourself to blame!

• blondie
    blondie

Jesus is said to have chosen the Watchtower Society as his only means of salvation because it was the only organisation providing food at the proper time, and so justly appointed over all Jesus belongings.

"The serving of food, the right sort of food, at the proper time was the issue. It had to be according to this that a decision must be rendered by the returned master... On inspecting the remnant of his anointed disciples in the year 1919 C.E., the reigning King Jesus Christ did find the appointed slave faithful and discreet in the feeding of his domestics. Accordingly, he appointed this slave class over all his belongings." Gods Kingdom of a Thousand Years Has Approached pp.350,355

Is this really what Jesus found in 1919 when he inspected the Watchtower Society? No, he found the following teachings being promoted:

• The "Last Days" started in 1799 3 and the 1800s were the worst time period of all history
    • That Jesus presence commenced in 1874 3
    • That Jesus had begun ruling in 1878 4
    • Armageddon had occurred in 1914
    • That the end was going to come in 1925
    • That blood was acceptable as food for Christians
    • That Jesus should be prayed to and worshipped , as well as Jehovah
    • That the Great Crowd were a heavenly class
    • That birthdays and Christmas were acceptable celebrations
    • The cross was on the cover of the Watchtower
    • Teachings adapted from Freemasons, such as that pyramids and astrology supported 1914
    • Strong Zionist support for a new nation of Israel in fulfillment of Bible prophecy
    • That the Faithful and Discreet Slave was not the anointed, but rather Pastor Russell

Furthermore, the most noteworthy doctrine introduced in 1918 - that the earthly resurrection would start in 1925 - was a false and embarrassing failure.

Are these teachings the "right sort of food at the proper time"? By current Watchtower truth the food the Watchtower Society was providing in 1919 was filled with inaccurate prophecy, spiritism, paganism, polytheism, idolatry and political activism. Certainly anyone belonging to such a religion could not be considered one of the anointed. It brings into question if Russell, who had died in 1916, could be in heaven. Did Jesus go about immediately cleansing his organisation in 1919? No! The reality is that virtually no teachings or Babylonish practices were changed between 1914 and 1919. All of the above teachings were still being promoted in 1925.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/15-minute-guide-to-truth.php

• Ding
    Ding

Doesn't the WTS teach that Jesus "arrived" in 1914 (formerly 1874)?

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, they do......but had not yet turned his attention to the earth. The WTS teaches that Jesus and the angels were battling Satan and the demons in the spiritual realm, in heaven, but did not cast them out completely until 1918, cleanse the heavens. After that supposedly Jesus came to inspect his followers on earth in 1919....a doctrine developed by Rutherford. Remember he had to ease away the teaching that the end would come in 1914 and the anointed would go to heaven. He had to explain why they were still on earth....which became the teaching that they had to preach to the non-jws and look for the other sheep.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

"Yes, they do......but had not yet turned his attention to the earth. The WTS teaches that Jesus and the angels were battling Satan and the demons in the spiritual realm, in heaven, but did not cast them out completely until 1918, cleanse the heavens. After that supposedly Jesus came to inspect his followers on earth in 1919....a doctrine developed by Rutherford. Remember he had to ease away the teaching that the end would come in 1914 and the anointed would go to heaven. He had to explain why they were still on earth....which became the teaching that they had to preach to the non-jws and look for the other sheep"

Blondie - Do they have any scriptural backing for any of this? Twisted way out of context or not?

• IamPresence2012
    IamPresence2012

What a bunch of Crap!!! How comes there is not 3rd party to acknowlege that the Discreet Slave is the Watchtower? For all that matters,I could be the slave? Can you prove it? No, just listen and follow me. If I lie or make a mistake,,Ohh the light keeps getting brighter,, Was Jesus sleeping at the time when they gave out all these predictions? All religions are just like a big house with different rooms, different belief systems. When we start waking up, we get out of this rooms and assemble in the hallways,, and start asking questions and reaserching and realise there are others out there that have broken free of this beliefs, illusions. The Truth,,oh its coming and it will set everyone free. Real FREEDOM.

• binadub
    binadub

The Watchtower does an excellent job of impressing on adherents' minds that Matt.24:45 is a prophecy rather than a parable--which they of course are the supposed fulfillment.

"Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time?

It is no more a prophecy that the parable is less than a chapter later in Matt.25:23:

"His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!
    '

Same kind of parable.

~Binadub

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Binadub said:

"Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time?

It is no more a prophecy that the parable is less than a chapter later in Matt.25:23:

"His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!
    '

Same kind of parable.

Well, that's an easy one to wiggle out of: JWs would just say that the prophecy is that Jesus will praise them once he returns! Thus they can do no wrong, as they know they've already passed the test!! :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit