How many gods do we worship?

by XPeterX 2 Replies latest jw experiences

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

Isaiah 9:6 says: " For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."(New International Version).This verse refers to Jesus.Now, Genesis 17:6 mentions: " When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to him and said, “I am God Almighty ; walk before me faithfully and be blameless."(New International Version)

My question is if Christ is Mighty God and Jehovah is the Almighty God then how many gods do we serve?One or two?

• perfect1
    perfect1

Exodus 20:3

3 “You must not have any other god but me.

4 “You must not make for yourself an idol of any kind or an image of anything in the heavens or on the earth or in the sea. 5 You must not bow down to them or worship them, for I, the L ORD your God, am a jealous God who will not tolerate your affection for any other gods. I lay the sins of the parents upon their children; the entire family is affected—even children in the third and fourth generations of those who reject me. 6 But I lavish unfailing love for a thousand generations on those b who love me and obey my commands.

Why would god be all jealous if there weren't other god options?

This idea of an omnicient omnipresent white bearded guy doesn't match up with the insecure, vengeful, jealous god of the old Testament, who is scripture acknowledges the competition.

So XPeterX- maybe the word god doesn't always mean GOD.

Plurality is not a problem until you git smote.

To me, this exodus god sounds like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu_deities

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The witlesses worship multiple gods. Jehovah is the one they claim to. However, they worship their Jewish-style Pharisaic Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger ahead even of their own holy scriptures. They also seem to worship Israel, in the guise of restoring "spiritual Israel" (and giving away their Jewish side). They also pay lip service to Jesus, using that "What would Jesus have done" crap (the Christian side). Certainly not the strict monotheism they claim.

At least I am honest: I don't pretend to worship Jehovah alone, or Jesus alone. When I worship Satan, I am not pretending anything else. And I honor His Demons. Again, not pretending to be the only true Christians while trying to blend Jewishness or Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger worship behind the scenes and denying both.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit