Interview with a Scientology Insider

by leavingwt 4 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

The Village Voice has published an interview with a 32-year member of the Church of Scientology who left in 2010.

But until now, I've never told Brousseau's entire story as a 32-year member of Scientology and the last person to escape from the International Base who is talking publicly about it.

In some ways, Brousseau's tale is one of the most remarkable to come out of the secretive organization, and one that parallels so much of Scientology's own development and controversies.

He and Miscavige were brothers in law. They were both young cameramen working for Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard during his movie-making phase. Brousseau was Hubbard's personal chauffeur and helped maintain the cloak of secrecy when Hubbard vanished for good. He watched Miscavige transform Scientology and turn its base into a prison camp. He worked for Tom Cruise, which included serving in the household with Cruise and Katie Holmes. And having worked closely with both Cruise and Miscavige, he has choice things to say about the nature of their relationship.

There are few people, in other words, more qualified to provide a front-row seat to what the Church of Scientology has been through since 1977. And this is his story.

Part I

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/07/scientology_john_brousseau_tom_cruise.php?page=all

Part II

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/07/scientology_john_brousseau_mareka_james.php

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I think it was the New Yorker that had a 26 page interview with him. Fascinating stuff.

• yknot
    yknot

WOW....

Modern day Rutherford/Knorr mix on steroids.......

2 quotes jump out at me....... that many of here can deeply identify.

1) "This was the final lesson for me. If you really like people and you get them to do what they like doing, it's amazing what you can get them to do for you. It was a firm lesson to me about the way things should be. All of Miscavige's (insert WTS) screaming and hollering and telling people that they're full of shit -- That was the problem."

2) ""Wow. I couldn't believe the stuff they were saying. I was dumbstruck. And riveted. I watched all four episodes, including the last show with all of these clowns up there lying. And now I'm looking elsewhere. The CNN website had a link to Marty's blog. From that I go to the Tampa Bay Times and watch all the video interviews of Marty and everyone else. I spent 36 hours of doing nothing but watching this shit, and thinking, holy fuck."((((( so many of us seem to have this experience when we first stumble upon JWN, hours and hours of reading, riveted)))) He pauses to explain: "You have to understand, when you're in the Sea Org (insert WTS), you think no one else sees the things you see," he says.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I have posted it many times before - but this is very likely the most dangerous cult in the U.S. at the present time - (including the JWs).

• poppers
    poppers

I can't believe how Scientology gets away with all they do. Tragic, and scary as hell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit