A new thought on the Blood doctrine

by Splash 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Splash
    Splash

Hi,

I don't think this has been mentioned before, but I had a thought about Acts 15:20, and it's all about the context:

Act 15:19 Hence my decision is not to trouble those from the nations who are turning to God,

Act 15:20 but to write them to abstain from things polluted by idols and from fornication and from what is strangled and from blood.

Act 15:21 For from ancient times Moses has had in city after city those who preach him, because he is read aloud in the synagogues on every sabbath."

The key word here is the first word in verse 21: "for" (gk 'gar' Strongs G1063).

According to Strongs it means 'because', 'therefore'. It assigns a reason as to why something is done.

So Paul was saying 'don't do these things, because it will upset the other Jews'. He was looking to maintain harmony in an era where jews and gentiles were coming together with new teachings.

By the mouth of Paul, it has nothing to do with violating Gods commands, but everything to do with keeping the peace in the congregations!

Splash.

• moshe
    moshe

one simple question-- Will a blood transfusion save the life of a starving man?

The pained look on the face of a JW says everything, as they desperately search in vain for a comeback answer, as the realization gradually hits them, that a blood transfusion has nothing to do with the OT laws against eating blood. Transfused blood is not food. Any ban on blood transfusions that has it's basis on Jewish law has been built on a false premise and now Mr JW- go home and contemplate how many innocent JWs the WT no-blood transfusion dogma has killed-- and the blood guilt the WT membership has to pay the ultimate price for. Are you going to share in that final punishment or separate from the KH? Live or die, it's your choice-

- yes, Moshe has ruined many a Saturday morning's field circus for Jws.

• Splash
    Splash

Very good question Moshe - I'm going to remember that.

"If a doctor told you to abstain from alcohol, would you inject it into your veins?"

"If a doctor told you to abstain from meat, would you have a kidney transplant?"

See what I did there?

Splash.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Moshe and Splash.....that is brilliantly simple and effective reasoning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit