some questions for current elders on this site- just curious

by jeremiah18:5-10 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jeremiah18:5-10
    jeremiah18:5-10

For those of you on this site that are still serving as elders, your life must be filled with inner conflict and anguish when serving in this capacity. I'm curious about a few things if you wouldn't mind answering.

Do you still have an "official position" like TMSO, Sec, CoBOE, WTC, SO?

Do you still give PT's?

Do you still give "meaty" parts on the meetings?

Do you still serve on JC's?

Do you do shepherding calls? (I realize this practice is probably a thing of the past nowadays- it was going out when I was still an elder)

Again, I'm just curious because as I've mentioned before, I was an elder for 5 years (1998-2003) and I was so "in" while serving, I can't imagine what it would be like to be in your shoes. I'm rather memerized by the thought of doing this.

If you would rather not reply on here, could you send me a PM?

Thanks for all you do and the info and maturity you lend to this site.

Sincerely,

Jeremiah

• elderelite
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

@ ELDERELITE

I just your original comments on your link and you clearly have great struggles with your situation.

I agree with you 100% when you said that as an elder, the would-be-pioneer would respect your opinion more than he might someone else'.

I am no longer an M.S., and for the last 3 years have discovered so many Bible truths, such as who were/are part of the Old/New Covenant, who constitute spiritual Israel, the "new" scrolls, the "othersheep", etc. etc.

How do you think the 12 righteous men (who later became the Apostles) felt in 27 C.E. when they looked at the religious leaders when they came to worship Jehovah?

Exactly as many of us probably feel right now; but aren't we in an identical situation, waiting on the Christ's return?

Those men never abandoned their faith in the Covenant - only in those who invalidated it and prevented others from entering the Kingdom of God.

I give certain Scriptural answers at the meetings, subtly trying to 'plant seeds', so that it might cause one or two to start to do Bible research, rather than 'literature search'. I also refuse to be Watchtower reader/Book Study reader if the subject matter has any falsehoods in it - likewise with any Ministry School assignments.

Also, I've had limited conversations with 3 or 4 different ones to enlighten them on what the Bible really teaches.

But isn't it amazing how ones who think they have the truth, lightly dismiss a Scriptural truth. (probably because I don't have the weight of "elder's badge" behind me)

I think when 2 Thess. 2:4, 1st Pet. 4:17, & Rev. 2:22 begin to be fulfilled, then each will render an account for themselves.

If you find a better "nation" of people (not 'leaders') which endeavours to live by God's standards, you must let everyone know about it.

That's my view anyway - keep the true faith in our true Leader!

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Hilarious!

At the top of this thread, the heading about questions for current elders - just curious.

Immediately under it there's a Google ad advertising, with suitable photos of lovelies, "the hottest singles".

Next to it is a big green clickable button, with the invitation " FLIRT NOW!"

• moshe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit