Apostasy - Rhetorical Argument

by Simon Morley 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

I was musing on this for several weeks now and wanted to share it with you.

If a person who has no religious affiliation (apart from a love of God) converted to a JW they would be welcomed by their new JW community and likely rejected (albeit small) by some of their family. If that person now a JW converted to Islam and became a Muslim, (but still loved God) they would be welcomed by their new Islamic community and penalized (D/F) by their former JW community. If now that same person (still loving God) stopped being a Muslim and went back to being a JW they would be welcomed back by their JW community but penalized (possible death threats) by their former Islamic community. After some time the person decides to fade from the JW organization and goes back to having no religious affiliation apart from, yes you guessed it – loving God.

So, under which religious organization will that person be judged by God (whom this person still loves) as in both cases that person is an apostate in the eyes of each religion? Both the Bible and the Quran speak of those who reject faith after they accepted it, and then go on adding to their defiance of faith, never will their repentance be accepted; for they are those who have (of set purpose) gone astray and are not forgiven – for JW’s it is an unforgivable sin for Muslims the person is deserving of death.

One cannot (not using the word in the pejorative) be an apostate twice – even though I do not consider myself an apostate – but some of my family do. It does not matter – what does matter is the act of deconversion that sets the individual, alone and distinct to be accountable directly to God and not an organization. The answer would logically indicate that God simply does not have religious organizations as all cannot claim to be the true religion. Organized religion is anathema to God’s nature – no organization should take away the individuals freedom of choice and free will and be solely accountable.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

You're trying to be logical.

Organized religion is not about logic, it's about obedience: blind, unquestioning obedience.

I thought you knew!

• renderme
    renderme

God hates religion. It makes him sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit