What is the WWTBTS position about working for a person that has been disfellowshipped.

by harleybear 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• harleybear
    harleybear

In light of the strick policy on shunning family memeber who have been DF'ed what is the position on working for someone who has been DF'ed?

• harleybear
    harleybear

oh by the way the first W stands for Weird

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

Can work, but not recom.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Yup, you can work for a Df person, but no sharing of a meal, unlesse your job is in the cafeteria, and the workers can only eat at one table.

• blondie
    blondie

*** w81 9/15 pp. 23-24 Disfellowshiping—How to View It ***

COOPERATING WITH THE CONGREGATION

17 Though Christians enjoy spiritual fellowship when they discuss or study the Bible with their brothers or interested persons, they would not want to have such fellowship with an expelled sinner (or one who has renounced the faith and beliefs of Jehovah’s Witnesses, disassociating himself). The expelled person has been ‘rejected,’ being “self-condemned” because of “sinning,” and those in the congregation both accept God’s judgment and uphold it. Disfellowshiping, however, implies more than ceasing to have spiritual fellowship.—Titus 3:10, 11.

18 Paul wrote: “Quit mixing in company . . . , not even eating with such a man.” (1 Cor. 5:11) A meal is a time of relaxation and socializing. Hence, the Bible here rules out social fellowship, too, such as joining an expelled person in a picnic or party, ball game, trip to the beach or theater, or sitting down to a meal with him. (The special problems involving a relative who has been disfellowshiped are considered in the following article.)

19 Sometimes a Christian might feel under considerable pressure to ignore this Bible advice. His own emotions may create the pressure, or it may be brought to bear on him by acquaintances. For instance, one brother was pressured to officiate at the marriage of two disfellowshiped persons. Could that service be rationalized as a mere kindness? One could feel that way. But why were his services wanted, rather than those of the town mayor or other state marrying agent? Was it not because of his standing as a minister of God and his ability to offer marriage counsel from God’s Word? To give in to such pressure would involve him in fellowshiping with the couple, persons who had been expelled from the congregation for their ungodly way.—1 Cor. 5:13.

20 Other problems arise in connection with business or employment. What if you were employed by a man who now was expelled by the congregation, or you employed a person to whom that happened? What then? If you were contractually or financially obliged to continue the business relationship for the present, you certainly would now have a different attitude toward the disfellowshiped individual. Discussion of business matters with him or contact on the job might be necessary, but spiritual discussions and social fellowship would be things of the past. In that way you could demonstrate your obedience to God and have a protective barrier for yourself. Also, this might impress on him how much his sin has cost him in various ways.—2 Cor. 6:14, 17.

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

Well crap I work with a DF'd guy and we have lunch all the time. And I don't hide it from other JW's who work there too and this guy is the kind that would stab you in the back. I knew if I got caught hanging out with him outside of work I could be cooked but didn't think much about work lunch.

• jemba
    jemba

Yeah, we saw how well that worked out for Ray Franz. Dubs love a bit of controversy to lighten up their dull and pathetic lives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit