Movie - Paradise Recovered- cult exiting focused

by cog_survivor 1 Replies latest jw friends

• cog_survivor
    cog_survivor

Dogpatch posted a couple of years ago about this movie. I've been following the news on it ever since it was made known to be in production.

The woman who wrote the script for it is a Worldwide Church of God survivor like myself. She wanted to show people what it can be like for people who were abused and kicked to the curb by an abusive church and the struggles they have to go through to learn to think for themselves.

Their motto is, "we're not anti-religion, just anti cruelty"

I'm hoping that my current church will host a showing to help raise awareness about spiritual abuse

Has anyone else seen it? If not I can't recommend it enough. It isn't specific to any group. Although it does have a lot of Worldwide Church of god aspects. The main point is the control dynamics.

I don't recommend it for children as there are some adult situations as well as a ranting, screaming minister.

Anyway, if you haven't seen it and would like to, its available on DVD, Netflicks and iTunes. I would love to hear the thoughts of anyone else who has seen it.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Thanks for the info Cog_survivor, Dogpatch.

I never heard about it before today. I would like to see it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit