Are Jehovah's Witnesses the only ones that will survive Armageddon?

by God_Delusion 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Hi guys & gals,

I keep getting asked if JW's are the only ones that will survive Armagenocide.

Here's my response those emails - http://www.jehovahswitnessblog.com/armageddon/jehovahs-witnesses-are-the-only-ones-that-will-be-saved/

Regards,
    Jaymes

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

yes, so they (jdubs) say, but then again they have also said others will survive too........................what a load of BS

• dalek
    dalek

The way I had always heard it was that it would be Jehovah's Witnesses, as well as any who had "the right 'heart condition'" but didn't have the opportunity to study—due either to having lived and died before the Watchtower formed, or to living in remote areas where JWs never reached them.

It's all B.S. though, so who cares?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Yep, as mentioned in the blog, the official spin is that others "may yet take a stand", which means 'become JWs', making the official JW response meaningless.

The good news is that no one dies at Armageddon because it isn't real.

The bad news is that everyone dies anyway, at some point.

• Indian Larry
  • Indian Larry
    Indian Larry

It depends of if you belive the Governing Body or the Bible.

Here is what the GB says:

*** w93 9/15 p. 22 They Compassionately Shepherd the Little Sheep ***

But if we were to draw away from Jehovah’s organization, there would be no place else to go for salvation and true joy. (Compare John 6:66-69.)

*** w90 11/1 p. 26 par. 16 Our Relative Subjection to the Superior Authorities ***

We cannot take part in any modern version of idolatry—be it worshipful gestures toward an image or symbol or the imputing of salvation to a person or an organization.

*** w81 11/15 p. 21 par. 18 ‘Stay Awake and Keep Your Senses’ ***

And while now the witness yet includes the invitation to come to Jehovah’s organization for salvation, the time no doubt will come when the message takes on a harder tone, like a “great war cry.”

*** w67 8/15 p. 499 par. 4 The Way to Security ***

This signifies that the provision of salvation is closely connected with Jehovah’s organization. A remnant of the spiritual priestly class is still on earth today, forming the nucleus of the congregation of Jehovah’s people. We cannot ignore the role the visible congregation of Jehovah’s witnesses plays in this provision of salvation

*** w67 8/15 p. 503 par. 19 The Way to Security ***

This is a warning for us. It shows us that we must remain in the antitypical city of refuge as long as the divine provision demands it. If we want to assure our everlasting salvation, we must stay within the bounds of Jehovah God’s loving provision associated with his visible organization, presided over by his High Priest.

*** w61 11/15 p. 692 par. 16 Publishing the “Word of Life” in a Dying World ***

To understand the Bible for their salvation they had to have it explained through God’s organization.

*** w52 6/1 p. 350 par. 27 Fixing Destinies in This Judgment Period ***

. Know that all living at Armageddon will be baptized, either with fire for destruction with the wicked or with salvation for life with the theocratic organization.

*** w52 10/1 p. 603 par. 22 A Strong Refuge Today ***

. Those desiring salvation must make for God’s organization, and find entrance into it and remain there permanently

*** w51 9/1 p. 535 par. 26 Will the Stones Have to Cry Out? ***

Thus these gain words of salvation and seek refuge and life through Jehovah’s organization.

*** w50 6/1 p. 176 Letter ***

The flood was a real physical catastrophe to the old ungodly world. The Battle of Armageddon will be likewise a physical catastrophe to this present evil world, and not something just spiritual. The ark of salvation that we enter is not a literal ark but is God’s organization;

*** km 11/90 p. 1 par. 1 Directing Bible Students to Jehovah’s Organization ***

They must appreciate that identifying themselves with Jehovah’s organization is essential to their salvation. (Rev. 7:9, 10, 15) Therefore, we should start directing our Bible students to the organization as soon as a Bible study is established.

*** w06 5/15 p. 22 par. 8 Are You Prepared for Survival? ***

Just as Noah and his God-fearing family were preserved in the ark, survival of individuals today depends on their faith and their loyal association with the earthly part of Jehovah’s universal organization.

*** w50 6/1 p. 176 Letter ***

The Battle of Armageddon will be likewise a physical catastrophe to this present evil world, and not something just spiritual. The ark of salvation that we enter is not a literal ark but is God’s organization

*** w50 10/15 p. 382 “Be Fruitful, Multiply, Fill the Earth” ***

The ark served as a place of protection for Noah, his family and the animals he took therein. What did it picture? God’s provision for protecting his people at the present time from the catastrophe, the battle of Armageddon. (Rev. 16:16) And what is that provision? It is God’s organization, and it will serve as the place of protection from the expression of God’s wrath against his enemies, even as did the ark for Noah and his family.

*** w83 1/15 p. 27 par. 19 Armed for the Fight Against Wicked Spirits ***

As we study the Bible we learn that Jehovah has always guided his servants in an organized way. And just as in the first century there was only one true Christian organization, so today Jehovah is using only one organization.

*** w83 2/15 p. 12 You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth—But How? ***

Similarly, Jehovah is using only one organization today to accomplish his will. To receive everlasting life in the earthly Paradise we must identify that organization and serve God as part of it.

*** w06 5/15 p. 22 par. 8 Are You Prepared for Survival? ***

) Just as Noah and his God-fearing family were preserved in the ark, survival of individuals today depends on their faith and their loyal association with the earthly part of Jehovah’s universal organization.

*** w93 10/1 p. 19 par. 14 “Search Through Me, O God” ***

There are billions of people who do not know Jehovah. Many of them in ignorance practice things that God’s Word shows to be wicked. If they persist in this course, they will be among those who perish during the great tribulation.

*** w93 9/15 p. 22 They Compassionately Shepherd the Little Sheep ***

But if we were to draw away from Jehovah’s organization, there would be no place else to go for salvation

*** km 11/90 p. 1 par. 1 Directing Bible Students to Jehovah’s Organization ***

They must appreciate that identifying themselves with Jehovah’s organization is essential to their salvation.

• "We reasoned that, if Christ's coming was to end probation and bring irrevocable ruin upon ninety nine of a hundred of mankind, then it could scarcely be considered desirable, neither could we pray with a proper spirit, "Come, Lord Jesus, Come quickly."" SUPPLEMENT TO ZION'S WATCH TOWER AND HERALD OF CHRIST'S PRESENCE June 1879

*** w89 9/1 p. 19 par. 7 Remaining Organized for Survival Into the Millennium ***

Only Jehovah’s Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the “great crowd,” as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil.

*** w83 2/15 p. 12 You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth—But How? ***

Similarly, Jehovah is using only one organization today to accomplish his will. To receive everlasting life in the earthly Paradise we must identify that organization and serve God as part of it.

In contrast here are some scriptures from the Bible that REALLY tell what is required for salvation

(Acts 4:12) Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.”

(that would include the name or any "organization")

(Acts 16:30-31) . . .And he brought them outside and said: “Sirs, what must I do to get saved?” 31 They said: “Believe on the Lord Jesus and you will get saved, you and your household.. . .

(Romans 10:9) For if you publicly declare that ‘word in your own mouth,’ that Jesus is Lord, and exercise faith in your heart that God raised him up from the dead, you will be saved.

(John 3:16) “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.

(John 3:35-36) . . .The Father loves the Son and has given all things into his hand. 36 He that exercises faith in the Son has everlasting life; he that disobeys the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God remains upon him.

(John 5:24) . . .Most truly I say to YOU, He that hears my word and believes him that sent me has everlasting life, and he does not come into judgment but has passed over from death to life.

(John 6:40) 40 For this is the will of my Father, that everyone that beholds the Son and exercises faith in him should have everlasting life, and I will resurrect him at the last day.”

(John 6:53-58) . . .Accordingly Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to YOU, Unless YOU eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, YOU have no life in yourselves. 54 He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I shall resurrect him at the last day; 55 for my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. 56 He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood remains in union with me, and I in union with him. 57 Just as the living Father sent me forth and I live because of the Father, he also that feeds on me, even that one will live because of me. 58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. It is not as when YOUR forefathers ate and yet died. He that feeds on this bread will live forever.. . .

(John 17:3) This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.

(Luke 7:50) 50 But he said to the woman: “Your faith has saved you; go your way in peace.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit