"Waiting on Jehovah" the slum landlord

by Terry 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

How many faithful true believer JW's are "waiting on Jehovah" to straighten out their religion?

I know of many.

Most of these impatient people are pissed off and squirming.

They have usually been inside the Kingdom Hall for many, many years and have seen the many stumbles and changes.

And, frankly, they are sick and tired of being sick and tired.

"Wait on Jehovah" has been the only counsel offered to stave off outright rebellions.

But, just like the Catholics who are pissed off at the Church, they have to "eat shit or die".

Just because hundreds of priests have molested thousands of children there is nowhere else to go if you DON'T LIKE IT and keep silent!

Let God handle it...

Let's stop a moment and reflect on that, shall we?

If the Church (or the Kingdom Hall) or any other religious organization IS GOD'S DOING....the Almighty Lord is IN CHARGE and RESPONSIBLE for

everything DONE IN HIS NAME.

Unless, of course, God has nothing to do with any of it!

Is God, Jehovah, the Lord....whatever you call this Supreme Being...ACTUALLY involved as a Landlord who owns a property being rented by tenants who are messing up the place?

Let's say, "yes" , and explore what sort of Landlord Jehovah must be...

A landlord who does not take care of repairs (even repairs caused by tenants) is a landlord who turns a blind eye to the depreciation of His property and his public reputation!

A Slum Landlord develops a terrible reputation simply because NOTHING IS EVER DONE to prevent ever increasing damage, squalor and unhealthy conditions.

These landlords often don't even live in the same city. They simply collect rent and ignore terrible conditions.

These are owners who JUST DON'T GIVE A DAMN.

Are we prepared to view Jehovah as a Slum landlord?

If we aren't.....then what?

Aren't there really only two alternative views left available for us to consider?

1.Jehovah has nothing to do with any religion in any meaningful way. These religions are rogue operations completely on their own.

2.Jehovah is satisfied that an imperfect, 100% wrong, human run public organization misrepresent him and mislead millions in His name.

(or, there is no God connected to any human religion).

What is your opinion?

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Or there is no God full stop.

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

JEhovah (if you believe in God) has NEVER intervened before, why would he start now.

Look at the Middle Ages, the Inquisisition, why didn't he intervene then? Do you think those poor people were "Waiting" on him then?

"Aint gonna happen" - George W Bush

Terry , thanks for the heads up posts - hope you have a great weekend!

Love you man!

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Why does Jehovah always keep having to clean up their shit for them? Any parent I know would start coming down on their kids for screwing up so many times. They certainly wouldn't be proud of them like this organisation assumes Jehovah is of them.

• tec
    tec

Choice number 1, Terry. Choice number 1.

Peace,

tammy

• whathappened
    whathappened

Terry, good post. I totally love this one. I recently thought of the scripture where Jesss talks about a father. He said if his son asked for a piece of bread he would not hand him a stone would he? Jehovah's children are asking for answers. He has not given them anything. He must be a bad father.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Clearly, and evidently, God has nothing to do with religion.

Beyond that I have no opinion.

Bertrand Russell on Religion

Starting @ 0:18 - 3:25

Q: Do you think there's a practical reason for having a religious belief?

A: Well there can't be a practical reason for believing what isn't true! … Either a thing is true or it isn't. If it is true you should believe it, and if it isn't you shouldn't. And if you can't find out whether it's true or whether isn't you should suspend judgment.

It seems to me a fundamental dishonesty and a fundamental treachery to intellectual integrity to hold a belief because you think it's useful and not because you think it's true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP4FDLegX9s&feature=related

• Nika Bee
    Nika Bee

Thanks for this post. I always enjoy reading your thoughts.

I personally don't think an answer can be found to the question how many gods there are - is it zero, one or many? But for me this question is irrelevant. If there is any number of gods, or one god, I think they or he/she has nothing to do with any religion.

• Terry
    Terry

It should make every JW in every Kingdom Hall stop and think, "Why did Jehovah bother setting up his Kingdom in 1914 if He was just going

to let all the same old nonsense keep going for the next hundred years?"

Waiting on Jehovah is all anybody has done since the stone was rolled away from the tomb.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit