What is the latest time table "prophecy" of end time?

by megaflower 8 Replies latest jw friends

• megaflower
    megaflower

I have not posted in quite a while. I have been out 5 years now (it has been great) and I was wondering if they have a new twist on this. Th last I heard they where waiting to see who the new king of the noth was. Thank you for your imput.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Armageddon -- Just Around the Corner Since the 1870's!

• St George of England
    St George of England

Last Sunday's WT said "we are DEEP into the last days of Satan's world"

(WT - May 15, 2012 Page 19 par 11)

Don't do a knee jerk back into the org based on that gem!!

George

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

SOOOOOOOOOOON!

P.S. welcome back

• Emery
    Emery

After hearing the overlapping of generations talk, they gave this system of things 10-15 year max.

• blondie
    blondie

This is a change...sort of. It's a flip flop. They believed the toes were significant and unique from the rest of the feet from the 50s until 1978. They believed the toes were not significantly unique from the rest of the feet from 78 until 1985. They believed the toes were significant and unique from 85 until this summer's convention. And now they've flopped (or have they flipped?) back to the 78-85 "light." They're presenting it as noo lite because they figure nobody will do any research to find that they've had this understanding before, since it was only for seven years.

See this thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/211705/1/Feet-and-Toes-Research-and-Noo-Lite

• The Oracle
  • rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

well if a 1000 years is but a day to jehovah, then we're like a couple hours into the first day of that new generation.

relax, there's plenty of time, but stay watchful for you will not know the day or hour

• Conan The Barbarian
    Conan The Barbarian

They are backing off the time calculation stuff (times of the gentiles) and focusing on the composite sign, how we seeit, it has been going along for a long time so we therefore must be deep in the period of the end. It has become more subjective and loose. It give them more wiggle room. The date of 1914 is still held, but is mentioned less and less. I suspect that 7-10 years from now (1914+5) none of us will hear mention of it at all. It will just fade away from memory and reference. this past Sunday at the Watchtower study, the Brother conducting totally blew the calculation of time that leads up to 1914. Another Elder tried to pick-up the ball and blew it also. It seems that fewer and fewer are able to recite the old details of doctrine/ The times, they are, a changin'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit