Olympics - To Public to Act? -

by maisha 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• maisha
    maisha

The Society is afraid to act in regard to Williams sisters and others whom are participating in the pagan olympic festival?

It would bring more Bad publicity than Good?.

I just see the sisters Williams on bbc news saying how the Olympic gold medal is her best victory and she has more pride in the olympic medal than ALL OTHERS!!!!!

Hell I was not even allowed to go to track meetings!, i only got to go to school events, nothing more outside of school hours,

I was Not allowed to play tennis at a competative level.

I was not allowed ot play club soccer, rugby or cricket or hockey.

If i pushed the boundaries when growing up i was taken aside by the elders and a private chat was given to me usually while out in field service.

As an active person, it was pointed out ot me that these associations were not appropiate for a good servant of Jehovah. They kept watching me and my family all the time, holding me back from advancment because of my desires of GOLD.... showing a worldly trend...

As for the Olympics this is a PAGAN FEST held in honor of the Greek god Zeus. Women had their games the Heraea, named after Zeus' wife, Hera.

Nothing but Greek mythology.

The pagan worship of their gods.

Taking place in the city of Athens, Greece, named after the the goddess Athena.

This is a pagan festival. FULL STOP. The medals given are pagan symbols, the rings, and the Greek goddess of victory. It honors the Olympic spirit and the flame. When the williams sisters play and or win and they stand for their national anthem, and they worship the god Zeus and the Olympic spirit and flame, what will Jehovah feel. Happy or sad?. What will the governing body feel. Pride or joy? What wil the elders in the congregation these sisters attend feel. Anything? Will they act and cleanse the congregation of these pagan False god worshiping women? For me what is good for me is good for others, One standard imposed upon me by the WTBS is not imposed upon others?. Where i was reproved for doing competative tennis playing they are not?. I bet others suffered the same as me, just like the little guy in the sparlok,, jesus i feel sorry for that little boy because i think back to how i was treated and see how there are two sides of the coin and neither are fair. How do you feel...

• InquiryMan
  • InquiryMan
  • maisha
    maisha

20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

23:24 Thou shalt not bow down to their gods , nor serve them, nor do after their works: but thou shalt utterly overthrow them, and quite break down their images.

23:33 They shall not dwell in thy land , lest they make thee sin against me: for if thou serve their gods, it will surely be a snare unto thee.

...............No Wonder Jehovah has left them...............

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

Come on now, games dedicated to Zeus? Who believes in Zeus today except a few cranks? It is mere tradition.

• maisha
    maisha

COME ON... Watch the opening Cermony..

It is All there,

• sir82
    sir82

The Williams sisters are not baptized JWs.

There's not much WT leadership can do, if they choose to represent themselves as JWs.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

on a somewhat related note:

perhaps some of our London members should take advantage of the public stage at the Olympics and do some kind of WT protest against child molestation.

As for the william sisters - I am sure they donate some good chunks of cash to the WT so their local elders turn a bit of a blind eye.

I have witnessed similar hypocrisy and corruption first hand - those who donate heavily get treated differently. Especially elders looking for higher priveleges. Did you ever wonder why so many crappy public speakers would end up giving CA parts or DA parts?

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

I did a search just now on watchtower.org for "Olympics" and "Olympic". Both terms brought up a page full of entries saying "Summary of this article is not available".

Interesting. I even wondered if Anonymous had been at work, but no, the rest of the site seems depressingly normal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit