56 and Single

by Dutchie 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

I have an aunt who is 56 years old and has never been married nor has she ever had any children. She has been a JW all her life and she even turned down a scholarship to Columbia University to Special Pioneer where the need was great. She has had medical problems recently and cannot pioneer any more. Unfortunatey, pioneering was her whole life and now she is alone and without a mate or children.

What she wants now more than anything is to get married. She is "throwing herself" at one of the elders in her congregation. She invites him over for dinner every Sunday after the meeting she buys him presents to show "appreciate for all the hard work he does in the congregation". She always seems to have a problem in her apartment that he must come look at. Its absolutely embarrassing. He is 42 years old to her 56. She does not care. She just wants a husband and she has set her sights on him. I wish her luck. He would have to be an idiot not to realize what she is doing, but he acts as if he does not know.

Its hard for ever younger sisters to find a mate in the JW's and at her age is doubly hard. I can't help wishing that she had not given her whole life to the JW's and made some life for herself when she was younger. I look at her now and see another casualty of WT rules and regulations, because she always said that she was saving marriage and children until After Armegeddon.

• chezza
    chezza

tell her to try www.jw-singles.com
    i got a laugh when i read that site.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Maybe you should remind her to 'wait on Jehovah'. Thats what they say when one is discontent with their lot in life...whether physical, material or emotional.

Who knows..she might be the lucky sister who gets 'Elvis' in the resurrection...although she will be fighting with a few other spinsters I know of that are waiting and hoping to be blessed with a 'hunka hunka burning love' in the new system.

Beck

• Satanus
    Satanus

Dutch

The wt has a provision where brothers can serve where the need is greater. It's too bad that they couldn't assign a brother to fill her needs for a while. After sacrificing her whole life... I know this sounds shocking to a jw, but look at some of the things the patriarchs did. Sarah thought she couldn't have kids, so she had her employee fill in. Jehovah thought it was ok.

Seriously though, i'm sad for her.

SS

• Patriot
    Patriot

Lol beck.

Only one flaw, according to the society, the resurrected people will not have "the need" to marry for there is "something better" for them.

So if Elvis is indeed resurrected, noone will be able to marry him.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Hi Patriot

I think it says that they will be as the angels...no gender..something like that?? My old JW buddies used to say 'it doesnt matter..we'll just 'hold' each other...lol. So cute...as if!!

Beck

• moman
    moman

Thats what I'm sayin, "A Fools Paradise"

• Patriot
    Patriot

I just think it's unfortunate for Dutchie's aunt ot have put her entire life on hold for the WT ideology.

I wonder if she regrets not getting married sooner. Now she cant have kids and must pray that she live through the big "A" or else, no marraige for her.....EVER FOR EVER.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit