How Did You Handle Hatfields and Mccoys style Witnesses? Pure Hatred?

by Bubblegum Apotheosis 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

Did any of you sisters or brothers ever help life long Witness hatred disperse? I know the Five Sisters who have not spoken in twenty five years, it's odd to see them give parts on Circuit Assemblies, or District Assemblies knowing the dark hate that exist inside them. These parts helped me realize that the Organization is impotent in reigning in hatred with the rank and file. I got myself shunned by two of "Five Sisters" for involving myself in their personal business! "No good deed goes unpunished!"

A refresher to young members who might have skipped past this part of history, here is a excert from Wiki

"The Hatfield-McCoy feud (1863-91) involved two families of the West Virginia-Kentucky area along the Tug Fork, off the Big Sandy River. The Hatfields of West Virginia were led by William Anderson "Devil Anse" Hatfield while the McCoys of Kentucky were under the leadership of Randolph "Ole Ran'l" McCoy. Those involved in the feud were descended from Ephraim Hatfield (born c. 1765) and William McCoy (born c. 1750). The feud has entered the American folklore lexicon as a metaphor for any bitterly feuding rival parties. More than a century later, the story of the feud has become a modern symbol of the perils of family honor, justice and vengeance."

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

"No good deed goes unpunished."

Indeed!

I am involved in homeless canine rescue for about a year now. It is truly rewarding. My dogs are 100 times more fulfilling than my former association.

• Scott77
    Scott77

The lack of love within this god's organisation is very ironical and troubling indeed. I saw it myself first hand. The terribly shocking experience was a learning lesson for me. It helped to review everything inlcluding the Watchtower itself.

Scott77

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL---I'm related to both the Hatfields and McCoys---more to the McCoys. I just like to pop in an giggle when they come up. Carry on.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

NC said:

LOL---I'm related to both the Hatfields and McCoys---more to the McCoys.

Related to BOTH? The self-hatred festering inside of you must be intense!

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

Cannines help ameloriate stress, cats are great too! I love them both and your efforts to help are awesome!

Scott777, How is the average JW suppose to reconcile the fact that "love" in the congregations are running at a deficit each month? Can you imagine if we had the "accounts report" on actions of "loving kindess and brotherly love", with a "no hatred fly zone"?

No Kingdom Hall is perfect, I use to wonder as a child why so many people left. I heard others mumble when speaker would say "We are the most loving people on earth!" Now it's expected people leave looking for greener pastures (more loving Halls in their minds).

We had a few couples that circulated fifteen different Halls in four years! They were trying to "find their first love again!", so far they have not found it, some of the "pack" faded away! I am tired of hearing about love, a world wide brotherhood that cares, it's depressing to listen to that nonsense.

How did Witnesses overcome the Nazi's, the Eastern Bloc countries, Rwanda? The reports of love in the alleged "far away lands", were they mere fairy-tales told to a gullible group of honest seeking sheep? The light of love is starting to fade away within our Organization, what went wrong?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Bubblegum:

From what I saw, the most hateful people in the religion were those who were in the religion most of their lives. I felt they thought they were better than everybody else there just by virtue of their longevity!

My opinion based on my experience is that the people in the religion have less love than the world in general. In fact, people in the "world" may be apathetic but the JWs can be overtly cruel with their gossip and other jealous and spiteful behavior. It was a mistake for somebody like me, who was a young opinionated free-spirit, to even set foot inside of this religion, but what was I to know? Well, I know better now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit