When I got home my roommate had Watchtower/Awake/Tracts on coffee table(lol)

by andys 7 Replies latest jw friends

• andys
    andys

Today when I got home from doing some volunteer work, the hospital I work for has adobted a section of highway to cleanup, I made a very useful use of my time on a Saturday morning, when I get home my roommate has Watchtower/Awakes and a few tracts laying on the coffee table so I knew the Jehovah's Witness were here today(lol)

My roommate is from Thailand, she is Asian and is learning the English language, if she mentions anything about the JW's I am trying to figure out what to tell her, how to approach it if she says something, also just by seeing all that liteature laying there, I have done so well with my anxiety but that just ruined my day, it brought that anger/anxiety back

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

Send her to jwfacts.com if she seems curious about the recruiters who came to the door.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

I understand it can be upsetting. Lots of buried and fresh hurt.

Mom gave me the new Brochure. I told her I will put on the nightstand to read. I did. It makes an excellent coaster. A bit soiled by wet coffee.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Immigrates are easily acceptable and open to things coming at them that they've never seen or have any knowledge of.

The WTS. markets their products intensionally to seek out the naive, the unknowing and gullible in society, thats more or less are their target.

• andys
    andys

I like the suggestion of sending my roommate to jwfacts.com and also since she is the type that is totally into looking for a social circle that treats her like family, is lonely all the time if she don't have people around, all this concerns me the way she is, and I like the idea of using a brochure as a coffee coaster since I am a coffee drinker I'll keep that in mind...........................................

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

if she's lonely, have her check out meet-up. if you guys are in a decent size city, she'll find people with similar interests as long as she's willing to go ot there and enjoy herself.

i say truth is stranger than fiction. you don't have to go over all the gory details if there are any, but explaining that you were one and that the way they treat people aren't right. also maybe throw in the 607 bce argument and have a laugh and say that they are cooky

my two p :P

• andys
    andys

An update on my situation my roommate hasn't said anything yet about the JW's coming around, I am going to say something if she does mention it, now that she took the liteture they will be coming around(lol) I am going to suggest meetup.com to her, also just so I eased my anxiety I went out tonight, there is a very popular nightclub where I live, on the weekends you find gay, lesbian, straight at the nightclub, I have so much fun there and always find girls to dance with, I got some awesome dance moves and I found a girl that I really enjoyed dancing with but never got her number but hopefully next time............................................

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

if you can dance that's 99% of the battle

if you can manage not to say anything stupid that's another .99% of the battle

the last .01% is up to your discretion lol

that said, glad you were able to work out some stress

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit