Ex 7:1 ponderings

by leaving_quietly 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

If God could make Moses God (capital G, Hebrew elohim) to Pharoah, what prevents him from making Jesus God to all humans?

My point is: the concept of the Father is God and the Son is God is not a big stretch in light of Ex 7:1, when God made Moses God to one human. Jesus, being greater than Moses, could easily be made God to all humans, and it would seem to fit the scriptures better, especially when considering John 14:28 and 1 Cor 15:26,27, and, dare I say, John 1:1 as understood by most people. The only thing would be that Jesus is not equal to Jehovah as the scriptures point out, but he could still be viewed as God (with a capital G, just like Ex 7:1).

In light of Ex 20:3, I'm not sure if this would fly, but then again, the Law was done away with when Jesus died. Th is is, of course, just a wild thought that crossed my mind. Would be interested to hear your thoughts.

• Honeybadger
    Honeybadger

Just a side note, but actually, Jesus never claimed to do away with the law. In fact, read Matt. 5:17-19.

17 “Do not think I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I came, not to destroy, but to fulfill;

18 for truly I say to YOU that sooner would heaven and earth pass away than for one smallest letter or one particle of a letter to pass away from the Law by any means and not all things take place.

19 Whoever, therefore, breaks one of these least commandments and teaches mankind to that effect, he will be called ‘least’ in relation to the kingdom of the heavens. As for anyone who does them and teaches them, this one will be called ‘great’ in relation to the kingdom of the heavens.

(from the NWT).

I believe that it was actually Peter or Paul (not sure) who claimed that the law was done away with.

Just felt like I should point that out.

• Indian Larry
    Indian Larry

Leaving Quietly, that is a good point. Thanks for sharing it.

• glenster

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit