Does Anyone Feel Like Writing a Letter to the Editor?

by headisspinning 4 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• headisspinning
    headisspinning

What do you think folks? Would anybody out there like to email this newspaper editor and agree with him on his view about the Sandusky case and ask him to write an equally compelling article on the Candace Conti case too...?

The article is bashing Penn State for the exact same reasons the Watchtower is experiencing its' own difficulties in the Conti case.

But before you do, please keep in mind that this was written by the editor of "The Vista Newspaper" in Fairfield Glade, Tennessee.... who also happens to be a third generation Jehovah's Witness and an up-and coming-elder by the name of Keith Walther. Adding to the hypocrisy, there is a 1/4 page article in the same newspaper promoting the "Safeguard your Heart" Convention.

If you do decide to write, please keep your message polite and positive. The irony will speak for itself.

Here is a link to the story:

http://vistanewspaper.com/sandusky-verdict-only-ends-part-i-of-this-terrible-penn-state-saga/

http://www.vistanewspaper.com

email: [email protected]

http://vistanewspaper.com/about/

• finally awake
    finally awake

boy the blindness some dubs exhibit is amazing

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I'm in a rush. If you want to bring up his private life to show that somehow he is hyprocritical for reporting on Penn State, I believe it will backfire on a large scale. He wrote the article as a professional reporter, not a personal opinion. His religin is his business. I understand how hard it must be know his religion but he is not the GB, only a member with no say in policy.

How someone can be a reporter and remain a Witness is beyond me......

Normal people will be highly offended by reference to his private life. If it is an op-ed piece he wrote, it might be different matter.

regular jeovah's witnesses are not involved in the policy. Attack the Governing Body.

Of course, the Conti case would be good to mention in a general resonse to the Penn State scandal. You can draw parallels between Penn State and the verdit in Conti. True, a religous may be afforded more legal leeway b/c of confession privilege but which group would you expect to protect children more, a state university or a religion that calls itself Christian. I would quote "Suffer the little children.." It would aso make sense to raise the Roman Catholic scandals. Mentioning the JWs are merely one group allows you to make the point, without being ridiculed for personal viciousness.

Unless he mentioned his membership in Jehovah;s Wtiness himself, it is not relevant.

• DT
    DT

It's too bad that comments are closed on the article.

• headisspinning
    headisspinning

Bandontherun: The suggestion is to simply write a pleasant email to the editor thanking him for his coverage of the Penn State story and to ask him to consider doing something similar in regard to Candace Conti. NO mention or reference should be made to his personal beliefs. It was merely background information. Sorry for the confusion.

Even though comments are closed on the article, email messages can be sent to: email: [email protected]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit