Being alive

by Nika Bee 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• Nika Bee
    Nika Bee

Hello, I am (almost) new here, and in the beginning I didn't really think that I would ever post something here. But then...

Yesterday I had a little experience, nothing important , people who haven't been in the organisation have probably a hard time to understand why it's even worth talking (writing) about. But I though if there are people who can relate to it, they are here, and if not this post will just disappear in the internet and no harm was done.

I was walking my friends' dogs in the evening sun, not thinking about anything. All of a sudden, I don't know why, something struck me: I looked up thinking: I am here, I am alive, I am me! I don't have to feel guilty, because I can't live up to the rules of some human organisation. I am not unworthy, because I don't meet someones requirements. I have a right to be here as much as any other creature on this planet.

With all the happiness and sadness, the good and the bad things, it feels good to be alive!

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

Nika, that is a wonderful realization! Keep up the good work! Continue living a life of happiness as you grow as a person.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Yup, you've experiened a spiritual insight that's quite apart from the beliefs of any religion, an awareness of the fact you do not need any ANY external organization to TELL you what the experience of being alive is SUPPOSED to be about. It's called having an epiphany; don't forget the message. :)

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

A sense of worthlessness always plagued me in the org. It was never enough. They always want more, they want to suck you dry. You aren't free to be yourself, you must become part of the collective.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

So glad you are feeling happy and free! I remember the feelings of guilt when I missed a meeting, even though they all tended to be the same. It takes a while to completely shake that. ENJOY YOUR LIFE!

• Glander
    Glander

Good for you. You have total ownership of your 4 sq feet of the earths surface. Your perspective is absolutely right on. Than we all start making compromises, but that does not diminish your point.

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Nika bee: First, Welcome to the board and your right. Live your life to the fullest. Life is too short to be worried about a Cult that has no power over you.

Kojack

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I've had many of those kind of revelations just hit out of nowhere they're pretty powerful.

keep in touch

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit