I am proud to announce - I changed my Avatar - any runners in the "Group"

by dreamgolfer 6 Replies latest social entertainment

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

I have to say, this is a BIG momentous occasion as I am not so good with the PC instructions, but it worked and I am much more happy with the NEW an improved, vs. the Old Green Monster.

I just got on the treadmill and have done 45 minutes at a 6.0 pace this morning - So so very happy - back to running again.

2 years ago I did my first 1/2 (13.1) Marathon and was pleased. Getting back in shape to continue to do it again in November.

Anyone wanna join me ?

I am up and down the SE and Mid Atlantic area .

Cheers

DG

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I wish you could sort mine lol

Loz x

• Heaven
    Heaven

My Gravatar has never worked here. It works everywhere else.

Edited to add: I don't run much anymore due to time constraints and being outta shape I used to run when I was a teenager.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'm not a runner, but my small town hosts a killer of a race. Maybe I'll see you some time.

• zoiks
    zoiks

dreamgolfer - congrats on the 13.1 and on getting back into running. I like to run, and do so regularly - 5k races are pretty much my limit at this point...time and energy are at a premium for me right now.

I ran one 5k this year so far, with a couple more coming up, including one with obstacles and mud. Should be fun.

A 13.1 race is a goal, but not for another year or so.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Sweet -I'd like to get back into racing. I run a bit.

This past fall I was doing really well -doing trail races in a series here in in the southwest US. My high point was 4th place in a 25-mile trail race- "Man vs. Horse", it was rough!

I like longer runs but they take a lot out of my schedule... you need to be really organized with your time to train for the long races...

Good for you for setting this goal for yourself again. I'd totally meet for a race with you if I was on the east coast :)

There should be an apostate running club here on JWN... we could start a thread that is dedicated to reporting our running times and progress, and we could encourage each other.

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

Thanks All - i just searched Change my Avatar and "follered the directions" - they say that with a Southern accent here,

and viola it was a MIRACLE!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit