Sparlock Shirt

by donny 6 Replies latest jw friends

• donny
    donny

I received my "Sparlock: The Warrior Wizard" shirt on Saturday and I have worn it to my place of employment today (07/17/12). I know of at least 4 JW's who work here. I will be curious to see if they recognize it. I will update you later today regarding any reactions, if any.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Hey Donny! Glad you've got your Sparlock on.

Here's a thread I started sharing my Sparlock experience from a few weeks ago:

Sparlock worked his magic this weekend!

• donny
    donny

Here are the replies I got yesterday while wearing my Sparlock shirt to work.

One male JW I work with would just stare at it when I went by, but never commented on it.

A second male JW told me "Hey, that guy on your shirt is in one of our videos. I thought it was made up but I guess I was wrong." I asked him "What does he do in your videos?". He replied "Nothing. He is just a toy that a kid is playing with." He never mentioned that ol' Sparlock was portrayed as a tool of Satan.

And finally, a JW female seemed to be oblivious to who Sparlock was. She asked me "Is that like a Saturday morning cartoon or a series? It looks cool and I like cartoons."

Who knows, maybe he'll get his own movie one day.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

That's funny! But... I would bet that will be the response of most JWs. They don't 'get it'. It's like humor that goes over their heads.

• Aware!
    Aware!

Some JWs haven't seen the video. Lol

• donny
    donny

I was particularly amused at the lady who not only was not familiar with the character, but actually looked forward to seeing him on the screen. I would love to see her face when the time comes and she sees him in the Society's video.

• sacolton
    sacolton

How about a pix of you wearing your shirt?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit