Jehovah's Witness Dating Advice

by KingAgag 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• KingAgag
    KingAgag

Hi everyone,

I remember when I was young reading through the "Young People Ask" book. I remember thinking, several times, that if I followed all the advice, I'd not have any friends at all.

Here's a funny look at the dating advice they give: http://www.jehovahswitnessblog.com/funnies/jehovahs-witness-dating-advice/

Regards,

King Agag

• Emery
    Emery

Th second addition I believe that had all the young people displayed on the front cover....I remember first looking at it and thinking "Man these people are effin ugly."

Anyway yes, they did have some awful 1920's advice in that book.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They want your soul to be damned. Suffer, stagnate, die without producing anything worthwhile and without developing your soul, and they are happy. To make sure of that, they put out this rubbish like Young People Ask--Answers That Do Not Work. Articles in the Asleep! rag, then compilations of such Asleep! articles in these books.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

jehovah's witness dating has moved to the internet at least for 10 years now (jwmatch.com, shulammite.net and another one i don't remember). seems like plenty of people are using it even though the wt org disapproves. is there some emancipation of rank and file taking place?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Would you take dating and fashion advice from this guy?

Fred

• C6H12O6
    C6H12O6

I remember one of my brother's non-witness friend tried to ask me out. The conversation sort of went like this...

Brother's Friend: Do you want to go out some time?

Me: Sorry I can't date anyone who isn't a Jehovah's Witness.

Brother's Friend: What if I became a Jehovah's Witness?

Me: Then we would have to bring a chaperone.

Brother's Friend: Would I have to pay for the chaperone as well?

Me: I don't know...maybe

Brother's Friend: Your religion is expensive and who actually brings a chaperone on a date?

7 years later: My brother's friend got married this year to a nice lady. Now I agree with him that having a chaperone on a date does seem lame...especially if the couple were adults.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit