What Was Brother Waldo's (District Overseer Santa Maria,CA) Real Intent With His Pedophile Illustration?

by Bubblegum Apotheosis 1 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

It's been months since I posted dear brother Waldo's illustration of Jehovah's name being slandered by Satan akin to a "good brother" wrongfully being accused of being a pedophile (Child Sex Molester). Brother Waldo's illustration came about the time Penn State's issues were just breaking the news....and he's from the East. Was there, now that things have come to pass, an agenda to his illustration? Was he sympathetic in some way, with this being just an illustration he thought up? Or was this illustration from the Society? Because in fifty years, I've never heard of Jehovah being called a falsely accused sex offender for the sake of an illustration. What was the point? Was it considered timely in view of current events? Or was there more to it?

The part of it that was so offensive besides the obvious is that it may have made listeners hesitate to report their own experiences, for fear of not being believed. And it seemed like a slap in the face tot hose who already had, as if "a good man" is beyond reproach so don't bother. ????

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Where can the image be found?

It shows how groups, such as the WT, are losing the debate. Two decades ago the vast majority of Americans were concerned that a good, innocent man could be ruined on a child's whim. Now, mandatory reporting exists and the vast majority of Americans believe children, when it makes sense. There is definite research that children rarely make up these stories.

There was a Lillian Helman play made into a film with Audrey Hepburn as one of the leads. I think it is called Little Foxes. Children ruin their lives.

I doubt that film would be made today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit