I Got My Invitation to the DC This Week

by Reopened Mind 0 Replies latest jw friends

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

I found it stuck in my door when I got home from work. Since TotallyADD and I moved 1000 miles away to fade we had no idea when or where this summer's DC would be held. The convention is next weekend in a city that is over 2 hours away. We live about 20 miles from the nearest Kingdom Hall so our territory doesn't get worked very often. This is the first we've been aware of any witnessing since we moved here over a year ago. So anyway this leaflet made us wonder why would we want to take off 2 days work, travel 2 hours to a city where we've never been to, stay over night in a hotel, spend money to eat out, just to sit and listen to 3 days of lectures from an invitation from someone we've never met? Kind of silly when you think about it. O, and while we would be gone we would have to find someone to look after our 2 dogs and 4 cats. Yeah, we're going to drop everything just to go to a convention.

Yet we did the same busy work for years, TotallyADD for 50 years and me for 38 years. What did we accomplish? The only thing I can think of is we kept ourselves too busy to learn the truth about the truth.

Reopened Mind

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit