Another poor child may die because of the GB's misuse of the scriptures

by puffthedragon 6 Replies latest watchtower medical

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/parents-deny-daughter-life-saving-transplant-4969178

So sad. Of course at JWtalk, their argument is, "she might still die even if she got blood". What sick minds. They are murderers in my book every time someone dies due to this poor interpetation of scripture.

• cofty
    cofty

The court has done the right thing. They will give consent for the transfusion but have kindly appointed her parents as agents so they can continue to have care for their daughter.

Transfusions for children is not a big issue in many countries, in an emergency the hospital just has to contact a judge and a "ward of court" order will be granted immediately.

I am convinced 99% of JW parents are secretly relived that the court takes the decision out of their hands.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

They accepted the girl needed the transplants to live but were unable to consent to the transfusion

By making the orders which are sought, this resolves for M's parents what must be an agonising conflict between their firmly held religious beliefs and the pressing needs of M

McCall said he had known cases where Jehovah's Witnesses who accepted blood transfusions had been disowned by their parents and church.

I'm glad I'm out of there.

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Its a disgrace that this is occurring. The G.B. are indeed blood guilty for misleading it's members over scripture that is meant for respect for animal blood.

It should be made LAW that when a religious group denies life saving procedures for children and have to be forced to comply with saving a child, the social services should step in and remove the child from their parents care and adoption proceedings should commence.

These idiots have no right to be parents.

Kojack

• sabastious
    sabastious
    "By making the orders which are sought, this resolves for M's parents what must be an agonising conflict between their firmly held religious beliefs mind control and the pressing needs of M," the judge said.

-Sab

• cofty
    cofty

These idiots have no right to be parents.

I disagree. Many of us would have done the same thing once. It makes perfect sense if you think your child's eternal life is involved. Put the blame where it belongs.

There is no need to take child away and go for adoption. In the UK as in this case from NZ the court immediately overule the parents on the medical decision. Apart from this delusion there is no reason to believe they are not excellent parents.

In the USA do courts not do the same?

• jambon1
    jambon1

They don't baptize their babies but they're willing to make life and death decisions on their behalf.

Dreadful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit