got a visit yesterday

by finally awake 4 Replies latest jw friends

• finally awake
    finally awake

Apparantly, the dubs are working the territory our house is in. I was at work, but Just Ron was home when two sisters rang the bell. I should point out that ringing our bell is a bit of a challenge since Just Ron removed the actual button and there are just two bare wires sticking out of the wall. He actually talked to them briefly, or rather listened as the one sister talked at him. It was all "We just couldn't skip over your house while we were here" BS - no real conversation. The younger of the two sisters is a real idiot - teen girl with absolutely no brain in her head. The one that did the talking was someone I once thought of as a real friend. All in all, I'm glad I missed it.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Yup, all JW friendships are conditional friendships, maintained on the condition of... well you know what. It ain't TRUE friendship, that's for sure.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

fa:

removed the actual button and there are just two bare wires sticking out of the wall.

While in FS once, I seen a doorbell like that. To be funny I touched them and the bell rang. Of course, the householder was alarmed and shocked that it worked. Even more annoyed that it was us Jdubs playing amateur electrician in the name of saving lives. (ugh)

Snakes (Rich )

• finally awake
    finally awake

Snakes - Just Ron took the button off because the neighbor kid kept ringing the bell 500 times in a row. He's not bright enough to realize all he has to do is touch the wires together LOL. Maybe he'll move away and we can put our doorbell back together.

• blondie
    blondie

[looking at a destroyed doorbell button]
    Mulder: Frustrated Jehovah's Witness?

X-Files

I thought of this when I read the experience.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit