Partial reversal of blood ban?

by eyes_opened 4 Replies latest jw friends

• eyes_opened
    eyes_opened

I hadn't realized that the WBTS has done a bit of a reversal on the blood issue? I was reading from the Watchtower of June 15th, 2000 pages 29-31. The gist of the article <it was a question from readers thingy> is that their stand now is that they still don't agree with complete transfusions but, say that accepting things made with blood parts is a matter of conscience. Well slap my A** and call me Sally! <Checking to see if hell froze over> Does anyone else know of this? If so am I coreectly interpreting the article? Thanks!

eyes_opened

• eyes_opened
    eyes_opened

DUH! just saw the previous posts about this after I posted..hehehe sorry!!!!!!

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Sally!

I just posted a link to Dr. Muramato's letter to other doctors explaining the changes. I think it's really well written.

Hope you click over and read - helped me a lot to understand the WTBTS 2 pages back in June.

waiting

ps - Nice to meet you, btw.

• joel
    joel

Yo Sally...no porblem about bringin' this subject up again...it's a very important one...huh!

There is alot of discussion on this subject under my post on Platelets and on pg.3 of that post...I posted some of the WT article you sited.
    It's a puzzler ...huh?

Pax(Peace),
    joel

• eyes_opened
    eyes_opened

Thanks Waiting, and Joel....I will definitely take a look! And yes This is indeed a puzzler...never thought in a million years they would back down on this one in any way shape or form. It is rather bothersome the way they are doing it though....agreeing to bits as being acceptable but not the whole...most peculiar. This religion is the true Puzzle wrapped in an enigma, surrounded by mystery. I'm not sure but I don't think God meant for humans to find life this confusing and convoluted [8>]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit