Going to heaven and all that

by OlderTom 6 Replies latest jw friends

• OlderTom
    OlderTom

I've asked many times but still can't get an answer.

All these BIllions of people who are going to heaven.

where is it?

how will you get there?

what you gonna do all day?

how long before an eternity will seem like an eternity and you gonna get bored sh!tless?

Do people ever think about these questions? I guess not otherwise they'd realize what a ridiculous notion it is and they'd become JDubs and be bored sh!tless on Paradise earth ruled over by the princely class. (elders)

I don't know which idea is more ridiculous?

And you will know the truth and the REAL truth will set you free.

OlderTom

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Two words. Air hockey.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

When I was young an hour was a very long time. In the morning the day stretched out before me with endless possibilities with all those hours in it to allow me to do so many things that it made my mind swim just to think of it. A week was almost too long to grasp. All those days and hours! A school year never seemed to end and I was fully in the fifth grade before I realized there were only seven grades left. It had taken me so long to get where I was that I reasoned that eternity would surely overtake me long before I would ever see high school.

When I was young time was a slow, crawling thing…until I got married and started a family. Suddenly days were like hours and there was never enough time for anything. I woke up one day to find that time and youth had quickly slipped by. As a child I was unable to grasp the idea of having lived so long. As an adult I cannot believe that life has been so short.

Time is neither exciting nor boring, it’s what you do or don’t do with your time that makes it what it is. Who of us would wish that our lives be cut in half in order for us to enjoy it more?

I don’t know where heaven is nor do I have an inkling of how to get there. I don’t know what is there or what those who are there do ‘all day long.’ What I do have is an imagination that enables me to envision all sorts of possibilities, enough of them to realize that this life that we have is only one of what may very well be an infinite number of possibilities, some a lot worse but some a lot better.

So, would eternity be boring? If we ran out of things to do and learn and see and experience, perhaps so. If we remain in our present state as humans it would seem logical that we would, one day, reach our full potential. If we progress further and become more than what we are, who can tell?

• Will Power
    Will Power

A few years back on Discovery channel they answered the question about why does time pass so slow when you are young and the older you get the faster it goes by?

Scientific studys have been done and it has everything to do with the temperature in your body. Now I forget which way it goes either warm is young, which makes sense because the older some get the colder they are. Anyway, the lower (if not other way) your body temperature, which naturally decreases over time the faster you sense the passage of time.
    They put people in an environmently controlled room without windows, clocks etc. for certain amts of time and they were to try & keep track of how long they had been in.
    Anyway, it was pretty cool. So if you think time is rushing by, its not, you're just getting old.

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

Do they have flush toilets in heaven?

• kes152
    kes152

Dearest OlderTom,

you asked:

where is it?

The kingdom of God is in the spirit realm. The spirit realm is not 'bound' like the physical realm.

how will you get there?

By going through the door. There is but ONE way there.

John 10:9
    John 14:6

what you gonna do all day?

Many things, which include rendering service day and night in his temple, ruling as kings, and enjoying the TRUE freedom of 'spirit' and the GREATER things not found in the physical realm.

how long before an eternity will seem like an eternity and you gonna get bored sh!tless?

Well, dearest OlderTom, "boredom" is a thing of the flesh. "Flesh with its blood CANNOT inherit God's kingdom. It is not in subjection to God's law, nor in fact, can it EVER be. The flesh is of "no use at all" and was not designed to 'live forever.' Since there will be "no flesh" there is "no boredom."

Peace to you,
    Aaron

• Sargon
    Sargon

As long as they have beer in heaven, it couldn't be that bad. If they don't have it forget it, send me to hell with the rest of my buddies.

They faught like warrior poets...and gained their freedom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit