memorial attendance

by writerpen 9 Replies latest jw friends

• writerpen
    writerpen

I'm curious to know what happens when a DF person attends the memorial. Are the emblems passed to that person? And what would happen if a DF tried to partake? Has this been done?

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Writerpen... may you have peace!

It has been my personal experience that the emblems are passed (to me and others) and nothing other than the 'usual' (turning heads, whispers, groans, rolling eyes, blushing deep red by some, etc.) is done.

I do know of a family, however, that last year was LOCKED OUT of the Kingdom Hall. Yep! When they arrived, the 'brothers' told them that they were NOT welcome, that they were trepassing and that if they did not leave the local police would be called. This because the entire family "partook" the year before.

Anyway, I hope that helps.

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

Writerpen,

It has been my personal experience that when a person
    who is df'd attends the memorial, joy abounds in the
    hearts of our brethren. Indeed it is joy for ones to
    continue to see the importance of the memorial. The emblems
    are passed to all in attendance.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

With respect, if they have so much “joy” in their hearts, why continue to shun? The prodical son was not shunned once he came back. The shepard who left the 99 sheep to bring back the lost sheep, was met with “rejoicing,” not with shunning once the sheep returned. The JW policy on shunning sure takes the “power” out of Jesus’ words for redemption of sinners..........

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

One memorial attendance does not a repentant man make.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

May a disfellowshipped person be served the emblems at the ‘Lord’s Evening Meal’?
    Short answer:

1976: NO
    1958: YES
    1956: NO

The fact that NYTelefake says ‘YES’ kind of told everyone that the real answer is ‘NO’; what a surprise!!! Like everything else, the Watchtower is predictable on its dogma: old light, new light—strobe light…However, in all fairness, my 'official' info only goes up to 1999.

Long answer:

WT 2/1/76
    Those counted as partakers are those known as faithful, baptized servants of God. We do not invite disfellowshiped persons to attend. But if such a one is present, there is no reason to be disturbed if he is seated in a row with others and proceeds to partake of the emblems. Such a one is not counted, in any case, as a partaker.

WT 8/1/58
    We, of course, regret with you that this sister who professes to be one of the anointed remnant took a blood transfusion voluntarily during her stay in the hospital. We believe that she did the wrong thing contrary to the will of God. However, congregations have never been instructed to disfellowship those who voluntarily take blood transfusions or approve them. We let the judgment of such violators of God’s law concerning the sacredness of blood remain with Jehovah, the Supreme Judge. The only thing that can be done in the cases of individuals like this is to view them as immature and therefore not capable of taking on certain responsibilities, hence refusing to make certain assignments of service to such ones. Since an individual is not disfellowshiped because of having voluntarily taken a blood transfusion or having approved of a dear one’s accepting a blood transfusion, you have no right to bar this sister from the celebration of the Lord’s Evening Meal. As an anointed member of Christ’s body she is under orders and command by Christ Jesus to partake. Whether she is unfaithful as to what she professes to be by virtue of taking the emblems of the Lord’s Evening Meal is something for Jehovah God to determine himself. His judgment begins at the house of God. It is not for you or anyone serving the Memorial emblems to act as the judge, but to allow the emblems to go to anyone in the audience as these are passed along in the normal manner of letting each one have the opportunity to partake.

WT 6/15/56
    A disfellowshiped person is no member of Jehovah’s congregation and may not be served the emblems by those serving at the celebration of the Lord’s evening meal. Jesus did not serve Judas the emblems but sent him out of the house before instituting the Lord’s evening meal.—John 13:21-31; Matt. 26:20-25; Mark 14:10-21.
    If a disfellowshiped person desires to partake of the Lord’s evening meal he should show full repentance by going to the service committee of the congregation from which he has been disfellowshiped and let them examine him as to the sincerity of his repentance and his willingness to be put on probation. If he satisfies this service committee, then they may reinstate him and put him on a period of probation, and they will so advise the congregation. If he shows good deportment during the time of his probation and up to the celebration of the Lord’s evening meal, then he may be served the emblems at the celebration with sincere appreciation of God’s forgiveness through the things symbolized by the emblems. Then his participation in the Lord’s evening meal should strengthen him to continue on conducting himself properly through the rest of his probation period and onward after it has ended and the reinstatement is full and complete, no longer qualified by any probationary restraints.

In 1975 a crack team of publishers was sentenced to death by a judicial commiteee. They promptly escaped from the cult and now live life on the run. If you have a problem ... and if you can find them ... maybe you can contact the A--postate Team"

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

""One memorial attendance does not a repentant man make.""

Who says? the WT? Jesus?

You prove my point. The prodical son was not required to stand out in the road for a number of months to get back in!

The lost sheep was not required to stand outside the sheep fold for months to be brought back in!

The power of what Jesus was saying by way of grace and mercy is totally lost with the Jws. A typical example of the misuse of disfellowshipping.......

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

did the prodigal son leave his sinful lifestyle?

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Good question: Yes he did! And it just took a change of heart and action on his part. Remember, Paul’s use of disfellowshipping was toward persons who ARE fornicators, who ARE greedy, who ARE drunkards, not persons who at one time were these things.

How truly loving it would be to welcome a shunned person, trying to do good, at the Lord’s supper! Remember, we are all sinners, with a congregation of Sinners! That’s the greatness of the Christian faith! You must realize that you are a sinner to be welcomed!!!

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

NYT1: I have always enjoyed your posts here. You make good points and you are very witty and humorous. Thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit