Quick build kingdom Halls.

by Mall Cop 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

Anyone know or have an update on the Regional Committee and the quick build kingdom halls. I haven't heard anything about this program for some time now. Has it quietly gone under or what? Nothing in the mags. or kms or yearbook. My family use to be part of the quick build, how about you?

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

An elder in the local congregation is very involved with this programme, but since I am having as little to do with them all as possible I can't give you a recent update.

He was talking to me about them towards the end of last year, or possibly even January, not aure. That's the latest I have.

• finally awake
  • puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

I don't think they are "quick builds" anymore.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I was involved in quick builds in a supportive way more than 20/30 years ago , I think it was more a public relations /media attentive exercise that had a limited lifespan and died the death.

Looking back I`m sure it was not an original idea either , I think the "Amish" people were doing it long before the JW`s though I`m not 100% sure on that

smiddy

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

In developed countries, and those with high internet accessability, more and more KHs are merged and sold for the sole survival of the core WTS.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The Regional Building Committees are very active in our area.

No more "Quick Build" as in knock it out in 2-3 days. More like 4-5 days or over two long weekends. (After much of the basic work like foundations are done.)

Not too many new KHs in this area, but every KH is on the schedule for a remodel, even if they don't need it.

Assm Hall just recently through a total remodel.

Plenty of folks burned out on it and quit it. Plenty others there to take up the slack looking for advancement in the bOrg.

Doc

• jnrtigbfxd0
    jnrtigbfxd0

they don`t do quick builds anymore. supposedly, because of the changes in building codes, quick builds are no longer "legally safe" or something like that. also regarding quick builds in canada, alot of the quick builds were based on u.s. designs and american methods of being built. however u.s. and canada building codes are very different and because it is colder and more snow in canada, most of the quickbuilds done in the 70's and 80's and even early 90's now have a mould problem, at least thats what a cobe told me.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The Regional Building Comittee and it's teams of builders are still very much alive around here, even if a lot of their work is renovations these days.

They still do Q/Builds but they are not so quick as they used to be, more like 5 to 7 days rather than 2 or 3. I heard of one taking 3 weeks due to site access problems

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit