What About: Daniel 12:10 & Malachi 3:3?

by Cameron_Don 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Cameron_Don
    Cameron_Don

Daniel 12:10 & Malachi 3:3

DANIEL: “Many will cleanse themselves and whiten themselves and will be refined.”

MALACHI: “(Jesus) must sit as a refiner and cleanser of silver and must cleanse the sons of Le’vi;’ and he must clarify them like gold and like silver.”

Here are a couple examples of what James Penton said about using the Bible to “explain almost anything that Witness writers want it to.” In this case the Witness writers want to explain away all of organization’s former teachings that were not true (including the 48 mentioned in Chapter 3).

The usual way of thinking is that the more false teachings a religion has had the more they prove that it is NOT the true religion. But the Governing Body has figured out a way to interpret the above Scriptures in such a way so that the more false teachings the Society has had the more they give the opportunity to prove that it IS the true religion.

Here is how they do it…

“The Bible speaks of a very vital and important prophecy, that is, the refinement. (Daniel 12:10 and Malachi 3:3) We can be glad that some of the teachings the Society had taught (“down till 1919”) are no longer taught now.”

“This is evidence that Christ is truly refining his temple as the Bible had prophesied. Whenever it is pointed out that a teaching was incorrect, we can be thankful we’re being refined.”

Just as Proverbs 4:18 says nothing about how God “gradually” and “progressively” has revealed the truth to the Watchtower Society, the above

Scriptures say nothing about how Jesus has “cleansed” or “refined” the Society’s teachings that have not been true.

The only possible way the Society’s interpretations of what Solomon, Daniel and Malachi said even have a chance of being correct would be if it really is “God’s organization.” But as many of us know, "Captives of a Concept” seems to pretty well eliminate that possibility.

Footnote: Since when did anyone connected with the Society become "the sons of Le’vi"?

Don Cameron

• sabastious
    sabastious

It's entirely circular thinking. "The Organization must be right because it changes it's teachings." First you postulate the existence of a single organization that God works through. Then, when that organization changes it's teachings you use that as "evidence" of God refining it's mouthpiece over time. This is an ingenious way for a religion to completely transform itself into whatever it wants without future generations being aware. This is why when I grew up in the 1990's I didn't know about the 1975 scandals because they had transformed. Does this mean that the Watchtower of 2030 will look entirely different than the Watchtower of today? Maybe that's how they get off preaching about eternal life on this planet. Not as individuals, but as an organization.

-Sab

• scotoma
    scotoma

What's the point of even having a God (whatever name you choose) if he doesn't get his messages communicated in an unambiguous way.

Muddled communication is a fingerprint of fallible humans.

Can't the all knowing divine mind help humans avoid stumbling around in the dark.

I am so glad to be free of the apologetics such as; Jehovah is testing us; we can't handle the full truth; it isn't time yet.

Unfortunately I am NOT free of the consequences of believing this BS for 50+ years of possibly the most productive years of a persons life. I am happy that my kids learned from my misinformed choices.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

This is a very interesting idea that the Society could pull out to make it more palatable if they wanted to come out with 'new light' that deemphasizes the importance of 1914.

For example, if they wanted to reinterpret 1914 as merely the time Jesus returned as the messenger of the covenant of Malachi 3:1 to cleanse his spiritual temple and appoint the Watchtower Society leaders as his "faithful and discreet slave" in 1919, rather than being the year Jesus was enthroned as King. In other words, just "spirtualise" Jesus' presence since 1914 as being one of refining God's people, rather than as a reigning monarch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit