For posters who are vegans or vegetarians- do you feel healthier then you did on a diet that included meat?

by Chemical Emotions 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

I've researched this extensively, but I'm interested in people's opinions and experiences.

I...am considering becoming a vegan, or at least a vegetarian.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I've been mostly vegan since mid January. What I mean by mostly is that I had a little milk in my tea or coffee maybe four or five times in the last six month. Oh and cream cheese on a bagel twice. Anyway I do feel better and I lost some extra pounds. One thing I notice is that my attitude is a lot better. For whever reason I'm a lot happier. I really don't miss eating meat. Last year while my wife was at her assembly in Utah I lived on bacon, hamburgers, hotdogs and steaks. This year was quite a change from years past but I ate well without meat. I'm really enjoying the change. It is kind of an adventure.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

That's great! I'm glad it's making you feel better.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Have you talked to vegan/veggie apostates?

• designs
    designs

I have anephew who has been vegan for close to a decade and does well. Also a large part of my family are SDA, they allow eggs and other dairy products.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

For me it makes a HUGE difference in the way I feel.

Mind you, this is not just "a vegetarian" or "vegan" diet, but a healthy, almost vegan diet.

The biggest areas of difference I see are:

Much more energy

Much less muscle soreness

Much less back pain

Skin issues seem to do much better.

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

How do you conclude that all this improvement to your health is the result of a vegan diet and not because you got rid of junk food? For example meat is full of medicine, hormones and chemicals. So do dairy products.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit