Louis Freed report on Penn State and how it is like the WTBTS

by harleybear 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• harleybear
    harleybear

Wow. Louis Freed (retired FBI) released a 200 PLUS page independant report on the culpability of the upper rants of Penn State in the Sandusky case and it it was not flattering!!!!! What struct me was the reference that the University knew of the wrong doing for over 14 year and did nothing about it with the excepiton of covering it up. Please everyone follow the media coverage as there seems to be a swich in the overall undertone that more institutions will be under scrutiny. Can you say WTBTS??? I suspected that with the Conti case on the heel of the Penn state situation the media ( TV mostly) had the attidude that of "here we go one more sicko messing with young boys") With Freed"s report I feel that attitude will change. I will do some research on how to get the full report and also will contact the local TV stations in my area to find out suggestions as to the best path to follow. In Freed's report such terms as "persons of trust", "persons in power" and the like were used. Ya think that could apply to the "church"????

The "borg" falls back on the age old cop out of "well we don't want to reproah Jehovah's name....blablabla!!!" What could be more reproachful than a cover up of such magnitude. Also folks don't fall into the thinking that the media is not interested in JW matter because JW are ....(fill in the blanks)

Nuts

cult

small potatoes

etc...

This really needs to be pushed big time. Let me hear back from you all about what you think. How many people do you know who have been violated in such a similar manner??

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I'm glad you started this thread, because I've been thinking the same thing. Why are football coaches and college administrators held to a higher standard than the leaders of the Watch Tower? Granted, it's a small religion, but Penn State is one university. And it can't be about the US's hesitation to get involved with religion. The Catholic Church has been criminally investigated resulting in criminal charges for a few of the higher ups. When is it going to happen to the Watch Tower?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Sorry, posted on wrong thread.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

At least football coaches don't go brainwashing children that sex is dirty. Nor do children regard coaches as being holier than holy. For this reason alone, I believe pedophiles in churches (particularly when they are clergy) deserve special harsh treatment.

• Diest
    Diest

This case really shows you that we value sports over almost anything in our American Academic System.

• harleybear
    harleybear

Glad you all joined in. Diest you are so right sport figures have been getting away with conduct that would be considered outrageous by the average main stream. Remember back in the days of the New York Jets and Broadway Joe. Namath bedded ( or was reputed to have bedded down) with every blond on the planet. If that would have been a Josephine and a 7-11 clerk she would have been a slut. The disparity has many layers. First male vs female. A guy puts the moves on a gal he is cool, a stud, man's man's, a gal does it she is a whore. Can't you just see the headlines in the LA Times "Pioneer sister seduced 14 boys and demands sex" Brian Williams would walk over his dying mother for that story.

The second division is the priorities in this country. Sports fans will spend millions on T-Shirts, tickets, Pay Preview on sports and never blink an eye but ask that same fan about charitable contributions and you will get a blank stare as though you just sprounted two heads.

Finally, religion is sacred. You want to talk about the first " don't ask don't tell" policy. Yicks the Catholic church invented it. Relegion is "that thing" we do on Sunday and JW's are no different just more times a week. It is the thing in our twisted minds that makes us wash ourselve clean of all the "bad" stuff. How long did it take the Catholic church to take action. This is a huge!!!! organization and just most recently it has been the topic of the 5 PM news. REALLY?????? Then you add the extra degree of difficulty that JW's and the WTBTS are viewed by most as a bunch of wackos, cult memebers, and THOSE PEOPLE that disturbes your lawn mowing on Saturday morning and you really have a barrier.

The WTBTS DEPENDS on that perseption. It keeps them alive and operating. That too is a part of the elite mind melt that the BORG cultivates.

I think that about the only way to get the exposure to this matter out there is a full court press ( no sport pun intended ) to put pressure on the media to do their job. Will it happen?? Hard to say but if it is really true that the Conti case ( and I do believe it was) a real attempt to expose the BORG and its't policies then it behooves all of us to put pressure on what ever media we care to target and insist that they respond.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit