Interesting WP read: Parishioners Question Need for Fidelity Oath

by respectful_observer 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

The WTS has the two baptism questions that must be answered aloud. Interesting to see how members of another faith react to something similar. I pasted a few excerpts below (emphasis mine).

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/sunday-school-teachers-balk-at-oath-agreeing-to-all-church-teachings/2012/07/11/gJQAcAvGeW_story.html

The Arlington Diocese, which includes nearly a half-million Catholics across northern and eastern Virginia, is one of a small but growing number that are starting to demand fidelity oaths.

[F]or some, particularly more liberal Catholics, the oaths are an alarming effort to stamp out debate in the church at a time when it is bleeding members and clergy in the West. They note that church leaders’ views have changed over the centuries on various subjects, including contraception .

“I’m just shocked, I can’t believe they’re asking me to sign this,” said Riley, who said she may keep her own children out of the parish education program in the fall. “The bishops are human, and sometimes their judgment is not God’s judgment. We always have to be vigilant about that. The Holy Spirit gives us the responsibility to look into our own consciences.”

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

Absolute sh**!

How can people be so blind?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

JWs been doing it for years!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit