I don't think I have been educating my lad properly...

by jamesmahon 8 Replies latest social family

• jamesmahon
    jamesmahon

Just been looking at book about the human body with my 8 year old boy and got to an 'interesting' part

"Dad, what is a penis?"

"Erm, the appendage between your legs" (I do try to use proper words with him so was surprised he asked)

"Oh. I thought that was called a peanut"

Reminded me that until the age of 14 I thought that a common term for oral sex was a 'hedgehog'. It seemed to visually make sense as well. Fortunately I found out the truth before I first asked for one.

Now contemplating what must have been going through his head when we last shared a bag of nuts.

Went on with book that then described how babies are made.

"That sounds messy". OCD from mother is clearly genetic.

• mind blown
    mind blown

too cute....out of the mouth of babes

• cofty
    cofty

I remember the Ladybird book of the human body. As a six year old its like "you've got to be kidding me right?" yuck! - off to play football..........

• jamesmahon
    jamesmahon

Ladybird book of the human body? I learned from the YPA book and watching the sex ed film in school of the family playing nude volleyball. As all families do. Perhaps I will suggest it tomorrow if the weather holds.

• Diest
    Diest

James,

I want to respond to your post but I am nakered after geting hedgehog from a nice woman.

• jamesmahon
    jamesmahon

I hope you put it safely back in some long grass. Or do you keep it in a cage next to your bed for your own pleasure when the nice woman is not at home?

• Diest
    Diest

You really must keep them caged, lest the little guys get friendly with someone else...thats a good way to pass an STD.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

hedgehog...*snickers*

I remember the Ladybird book of the human body. As a six year old its like "you've got to be kidding me right?" yuck! - off to play football..........

That made me lol!

The original post was pretty cute though.

As for me, I learned a lot form the YPA books...unfortunatley. I thought masturbating was perverted. and didn't really understand oral and anal sex very well. Or regular sex...even with an actual health book to flip through as i got a bit older, i still didn't get it. Of course, I started to understand more as i got older... and luckily my boyfriend has tought me a lot.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    "Oh. I thought that was called a peanut"

Do you think it's possible that he heard someone call testicles "nuts" and confused it with the penis being called "peanut"?

I asked my mom what sex was when I was six years old. She wasn't a jw yet, so she gave me the facts. Well, it was so shocking and appalling to me that I thought she was lying to me. I told her if she didn't want to tell me the truth that she shouldn't make up something so disgusting. My indignation only intensified as she laughed til she cried.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit