Haven't attended KH in 3 months...

by 2tone 7 Replies latest jw friends

• 2tone
    2tone

I haven't attended the kingdom hall in over 3 months now. It really is a great feeling. No dreading the thursday night or feeling like your weekend is wasted because of sunday morning. I really haven't got alot of opposition of why I have been missing meetings.

My father left me a message guilt tripping me into going to kingdom hall and trying to use a family member of mines illness and blowing it out of proportion. I didn't budge I just told my parents I refuse to discuss Jehovah with them because they refuse to listen to my point of view.

My wife invited her sister to come over and spend the night at our house. SIL is a teenager. I found out she was stuck with some of her other family that are some real derelicts and low lifes. I told my SIL i'd come get her if she needed. So I picked her up and some of her family was smoking marijuana, and been known to use meth, etc. So me and my SIL went to my friends house (who are normal) and chilled with them swam in there pool. When this all took place my wife was at work. So it was just me and SIL. My wife knew about this and had zero problem with it. I felt like i saved the day because she didnt have to hang around the addicts. Anyway, I was talking to my father and told him what happened and he could not believe I would put myself in a position with a young girl(18). I'm thinking to myself that i'm not a pervert and people don't just break out and have sex like two unmarried people would out in service.

Lastly, since I have missed all those meetings Jehovah has really blessed me. I got a much better job. High paying with full benefits, health insurance, 401k but dubs dont need 401k as armageddon is coming.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

keep on going, before you know it another 3 months would have passed!

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

Congratualtions 2tone. I just hit my one year mark ( I have been inactive longer, but one year of no meetings) and it does feel great. It is amazing how thinking for yourself works out as you progress. Yes witnesses are crazy in that they always assume that if you are alone with someone of the opposite sex you are going to have sex. They pent up sexual frustration with JW's may make them more susceptable to that sort of thing, but I have plenty of female friends that stay at my place even and it doesnt mean we had sex, but if a JW, stopped by, you know they love to assume the worst.

Keep moving forward, sound like you're doing great.

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

Well done!! I have now been clean for 29 months (I think of organized religion as an addiction). It will get easier and easier as time progresses. Importantly I have finally shed the fundemental indoctrination/brainwashing and have a relationship with God that is much more meaningful. I read the Bible more often now than I ever did as a dub and elder. Keep on going, you will feel a huge release. Remember to come back here when you need encouragement, ones like Blondie, Mouthy and Mr Flipper and the humour of Outlaw will help you though any challenges you will face - there are many others too that are very helpful on a wide range of topics. Contrary to popular belief everyone on this board is not miserable, bitter, angry and unhappy. The friends you have here will help you more than any dub ever will. All the best!

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Lastly, since I have missed all those meetings Jehovah has really blessed me. I got a much better job. High paying with full benefits, health insurance, 401k but dubs dont need 401k as armageddon is coming.

Of course you know it's not Jehovah's blessing, it's Satan that arranged all of those worldly benefits you now have

• sseveninches
    sseveninches

Nice! One of the biggest things I dread about being a JW is how I basically have no weekends. Saturday I have to go out in FS (since I can't during the week), and Saturday afternoon is a meeting. Sunday morning is when the FS groups meet to go out in FS. Almost all of the local events happen on Saturday and Sunday mornings - like bike rides, farmer's markets, tours, meetups, etc., and I haven't been able to attend ANY of them because of the weekend FS. Once I decide to attend one of these events instead of going out in FS, I suddenly value entertainment more than Jehovah (the WT).

• willyloman
    willyloman
    I have now been clean for 29 months (I think of organized religion as an addiction).

Totally right about that.

• Glander
    Glander

...clean for 29 months....

Perfect!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit