I had to laugh

by FreeGirl2006 2 Replies latest jw friends

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

My boyfriend and I went out to dinner tonight and we had trouble getting in the door because a portly clueless man was standing in the door. Once we managed to squeeze in past the gent and got our name on the wait list, we ended up facing the man and his family. I suddenly realized they were wearing name badges and the requisite polyester dress clothes of good Southern dubbies. My boyfriend made the comment that our clueless chubby dubby must be high up on the dub food chain if his waist was anything to go by (his badge indicated he was an attendant). We saw several chubby dubby men after that and decided that elders must be chosen by their girth. I thought it was funny. Cheap laughs at the expense of the borg is always welcome. Since I still have no power from the violent wind storms last Friday night and we are having to eat out for most meals, I am sure I will encounter more than my share of dubbies this weekend...oh joy!

I also realized how grateful I was not having to parade about town like a circus spectacle simply because I spent the weekend mentally numb at the grand annual mind frack. We also had a little fun because we were waiting on a bench with another couple (that I am pretty sure were dubbies without badges) by speaking about the Conti case and my own abuse. The woman was definitely eavesdropping and kept staring at me as if she knew me. I guess she will try to figure out what congo I am from so she can report my apostate ways or she was truly appalled by what she heard. One can hope it is the latter.

• harekrishna
    harekrishna

I had a similar experience when my car broke down last summer in a Denny's parking lot in Bakersfield, CA. Since I had to wait a while for the tow truck, I decided to have some breakfast. As I was walking toward the entrance, I noticed how everybody was dressed up in, what I call, old man style suits and the women in frumpy dresses. Sure enough, it was a herd of JW's parading around the parking lot of the restaurant acting extremely haughty, with a 'we're so much better than you' attitude. One old JW was on the phone in the lobby, trying to convince somebody of how great the first day was and the end was near. Ugh. Nearly turned me off from wanting to eat. LOL.

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

I can't believe how much I bought in to all that crap. I wish I could say I didn't have the holier than thou attitude when I was in, but I would be lying. Thamk goodness I was treated like trash when bedridden as that saved my life from rotting away in the borg.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit