Thoughts on Sparlock from a non-JW

by jamesmahon 0 Replies latest jw friends

• jamesmahon
    jamesmahon

Hi All

This does not add much to what has gone before, but just had an interesting (and brief) email exchange with someone I do work with:

Sent: 04 July 2012 10:07
    To: James Mahon
    Subject: Perils of working at home

The Jehovahs have just called. The rep invited me to their annual convention in Leeds I thanked him for the invitation but very firmly said that I would not be going. In hindsight I should have accepted the invitation and gone and met your brother.

Sent: 04 July 2012 10:19
    To:
    Subject: RE: Perils of working at home

No doubt one of my brothers would have been giving a talk. And you could have picked up the obey Jehovah DVD for children. Watch this and tell me what you think http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AQKPYaHu5o

It only goes for three minutes.

To: James Mahon
    Subject: RE: Perils of working at home

I think it is quite clever. I can see how people could be convinced by it.

I also find it very, very sad.

It is quite hard in life to have fun. The mother not only destroyed the child’s fun at that point in time but also put a complete dampener on him having future fun through the use of his imagination. There is also the fact that some other child gave him the toy and it was put in the bin. This not only suggests that the gifter is a bad person but also is a very offensive thing to do with a gift whether you like/appreciate the gift or not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit