A Conversation with my JW Mother-in-Law

by God_Delusion 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Howdy guys & gals!

I'll start posting my conversations with my Jehovah's Witness mother-in-law.

Here's the first one - http://www.jehovahswitnessblog.com/real-life-experiences/conversation-with-my-jehovahs-witness-mother-in-law/

I would to hear some of your experiences when dealing with your JW in-laws.

Regards,
    Teeny

• dozy
    dozy

My in-laws have been generally ok ( I'm faded. ) Basically we have a "don't ask - don't tell" policy. They are the classic "Stepford" JWs but decent , "Christian" ( in the non-JW sense of being nice people ) types , so there isn't any point in upsetting them.

Actual family ( sisters , parents ) have shunned - I got the "termination of our relationship" email from one who is especially self righteous , the others just don't talk at all - complete radio silence.

• blondie
    blondie

I never discussed the bible with jw family even when a jw....they were so glad when they got the questions before the Written Review, almost open book.

So she didn't know that Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 A.D. per the WTS chronology? Even after the drama this year I think about being alert to the signs of the end and getting out of Dodge?

I would tell some elders that they did not know the names of their flock and their children. There was a part once where parents were encouraged to have their children memorize the 9 fruitages of the holy spirit...I asked the elder who gave the talk right afterwards if he could do the same....he could not......

After leaving the WTS, I asked one relative that question who said, "I'm too busy with spiritual responsibilities to know that.........

• Kristina1972
    Kristina1972

Here's a convo with my JW MIL:

JW MIL: I have this fantastick book about this surgeon who performs bloodless surgery on JW's... it's all about his life. You should read it.

Me: No thanks, I wouldn't be interested perhaps D (my hubby, her son) would be interested.

JW MIL (visibly perturbed): What's the matter... don't you like books like that?!?

Me: I like different kinds of books, I just don't think I'd enjoy this one.

end of convo.

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

Here's a conversation with my JW MIL a few months back:

JW MIL: The JWs have never changed anything with regard to their teachings!

Me: That's not true, you couldn't have blood fractions before, now you can. Did you know that blood fractions come from blood?

JW MIL: So what, it's only a little bit of blood.

Me: What! A little bit of blood?!?! Why don't I just commit a little bit of fornication!

JW MIL: (speechless)

Priceless

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit